Search This Blog

Saturday 24 September 2016

Organ Excitement!

Put Your Salacious Tongues Back In -
 - you dirty-minded lot.  Also, you have short memories, for do you not recall Conrad's continual boasting about being SFW?  Even if, admittedly, it is the weekend and a very long way from The Electric Goldfish Bowl.
     No, your humble scribe is talking about church organs, and Church Organ World in particular, a firm based in Shaw, next town over from your humble scribe's residence in Royton.  I think their name gives away their trade, but - for those of you who do not speak the World's Most Wonderful Language*- they build and sell organs to churches.  As Conrad is not at all religious his opportunities to hear church organs are rather limited, and he is thrilled to tell you he will be attending the "Autumn Shades" recital at COW on 1st October.  Art?
Proof I am not in a raving delirium
     Apparently, on the day there will be organ sheet music for sale; a dubious honour for your humble scribe, who can neither read music, nor play an instrument.  "Organ shoes" will also be for sale, and I haven't yet Googled for them but I feel certain that they are not for putting on your feet.  I could be wrong.  In fact -
Image result for organ shoes
Well!
     Colour me surprised.  Here's a Youtube link for Widor's Tocatta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKejfYzB3ak

     Ironically enough as I type about organ music I am listening to DJ Tiesto's "A Town Called Paradise" which is probably as diametrically different as it's possible to get.  And do you know who else can't read sheet music?  John Carpenter, who I shall be going to see in late October - got an e-mail about the tickets being sent out yesterday.  Last gig I went to was a real indie gig at The Castle in Manchester.
     Conrad - musically eclectic.

"Na Zare"
We continue the music theme**, as I feel on a roll.  Don't worry, there'll be nuclear weapons later tonight.  Conrad likes his music, and a bit of gloasting, too, as he rarely gets a pat on the back that doesn't have a knife attached to it.
     Thus this, and a track from "Hardcore Henry" which I wanted to identify.  Can't be done from the film's credits as the print is tiny and illegible.
Image result for hardcore henry face
Henry and Uncle Jimmy
     How then?  Dammit I need to know!
     Check IMDB?  Yes, but first find the timestamp for the track - 1 hour 47 minutes on the DVD.  Does this match the Youtube Official Soundtrack?  NO!  Bum.  Because the OS is a lot shorter:  obviously so because it's a film NOT A MUSICAL.
     Back to IMDB.  Yes, they list the tracks, so yr. humble scribe starts at the end of the listing and patiently types these into Youtube.
     And we have a winner!  "Na Zare" by Alliance, from 1987.  Sinister-era Ruffian New Romantics, in a way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4nNI2w5cDY

     Conrad has absolutely NO idea what they're going on about.
Image result for aubergine
So here's a picture of some aubergine instead
I Am Going To Be Cheeky Here
Young Emily, who featured prominently on yesterday's blog, happened to ask your modest artisan earlier in the week how he was feeling, and, since I had just tracked down "Na Zare", I felt pretty chuffed.
     Because I was also chock-full of a double espresso, I also held forth on other tracks and artists who are unfortunate enough not to speak World's Most Wonderful Language*.  Nadka Kardjova, for one, a lady who looked like a bank manager's mum but with the voice of an angel.  Dissidenten for another, singing in Arabic where the words "lentil" and "courgette" are the only comprehensible things on the whole album "Sahara Elektrik".  Emily, hoping to break Conrad's caffeine-infused loquacity, mentioned Rammstein, who sing in German.  Then there's always Sigur Ros and their invented language Vonlandic.
One of Emily's cheeks and both of mine
 Okay, time to exploit a cute animal for BOOJUM!'s traffic figures.

     What, no cute animals present?  Oh well, go with the fallback*** -

     Edna, silent and attentive because I was eating a Sweet Chili Chicken sandwich and I might:  drop a piece or give her some.  Notice, clever girl that she is, that she stays off her Human Shaped Cushion whilst he's eating.



*  English, for the dense, and the disadvanged.
** Do you see what I - o you do.
*** This, I guarantee, will provoke comment from Wonder Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment