Search This Blog

Thursday 15 January 2015

It's Late - But It's Here

Kind of -
Only just back from a meal - and a very nice one too - at the Grill on New York Street, so I really don't have the time to craft a masterpiece of wit and wisdom*.  Instead I am going to recycle a blog post from exactly a year ago, providing an illustration as the state of my mind then and now**.

Exhibit One:

Just Getting Your Attention!
   Actually it's a Mechanoid.  What's a Mechanoid?  O!  I thought you'd never ask.
"Can I have the next dance?"
That gives you a sense of scale.  The Mechanoids never took off as a popular Doctor Who villain, which gave their operators a sense of relief: the models were very big, awkward and heavy.  Also they had weedy little arms.

Well, the obsession with Doctor Who clearly persists over time.  One point for consistency, Conrad.

Exhibit Two:

Asteroids:  Keep Off!
     I'm glad to report that a report about asteroids - link here to the mighty Aunty Beeb :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25716103

 - warns they may not be commercially viable in terms of mining.  Good!  I'd hate for some snooping human mine-prospecting satellite to come across my means of interstellar travel.  I'm not saying which asteroid it's hiding on, and there are millions of asteroids.
The astronomical equivalent of a garage.

     And the astronomical interest is maintained, too.  Notice there's no mention of the Rosetta probe or the Philae lander, as they had yet to be activated on this date.

Exhibit Three:

A rather dull spoof article about Russia, revolving mostly about the hilarious concept of "Russians like vodka, a lot".  I won't post it, it's not worth the effort.

Exhibit Four:

So - Tanks?
     Oh, alright.  Have at this:
A Dada Weeble
It's a German "Alkett Minenraumer", intended to clear mines by boldly - this concept really skirts the envelope - driving over them.  I wonder where they got the crews to test this ugly beast?

This is from when the blog was rather more tank-centric than it is now, although there is every probability that Conrad will resort back to tanks if his errant and unfocussed mind wanders off the path a bit. Or a lot.

Exhibit Five: 

And Before I Get Some Tea -
     I've decided that insulting mighty Greek gods is a tiny bit dangerous, especially when they can back up traffic from Manchester to Rochdale.  So, I'm going to pick on Maia:
You look like a girl!  Ha!  Pwnd!
The Greek godess of flowers.  A lot safer to denigrate than Hermes, because after all, what harm can flowers do ...



Ah, yes, I see that the perpetual battle between Good and Evil, represented as between Conrad and the Gods Of Traffic, was going on even then.  Some things do remain reassuringly consistent, eh?



*  Does it ever have any of either?
** A mess, both times.




No comments:

Post a Comment