Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Organ's Internal

No!  I Have Not Transposed Words
Give me some credit.  As a dyed-in-the-wool spelling and grammar Nazi, believe me that if I type out a phrase, it means what I intend it to mean.  A "Man eating Yorkie" - thank you Art -
Image result for man eating yorkie
Sic
     - is not the same as a "Man-eating Yorkie".  Art?

     Admittedly you'd need to give the average Yorkie a helping hand to consume a human being, though I think I've made my point.  Now, onto the Organ's internals.  Art?
Sic
     I'm not going to post a link because that would require effort.  Anyway, here is the inside of the Elbphilharmoie organ, and the link takes you on a brief 360-degree tour of this instrument's insides.
     That's the what.  As for the "Why?", your guess is probably not quite as good as mine, although nearly.

     At this point, having completed the Intro, I used to let rip with the motley, or the gallimaufrey, and latterly the persiflage.  All three have been stricken with analogies of ague and angst, so today we shall merely foment a bit of phantasy, and see how that goes.

The Haul
Tom remarked on my pens earlier this week, which was a bit catty of him as I'd only got 18 in the jar on my table, plus another five clipped to my tee shirt, and another fourteen in the mug at home.  I could see what he was getting at, that I was running short, so I went out at lunchtime and got another 11.  Art?

     I don't distinguish between them, you see, so they might all run out at the same time.  In which case I'd only have the emergency collection in my work locker, no more than three or four - I know, simply shocking, eh!
     I also intend to drop in at B & M at the weekend, since they do packs of 10 fineliners, so I'll get a couple more from there.
     Conrad - not only has all the pens, is also firmly convinced that you're not properly dressed without one.  Or ten.

Weather Treachery!
If you live in one of those countries with boring predictable weather that stays consistent from day to day, then you simply cannot appreciate the challenge and excitement alarm and despondency that we here in the Pond of Eden experience daily.  This morning, getting up at 5 a.m. for a trip to the toilet, I could hear traffic outside squelching soggily on the cataracts cascading off the camber.  Thus I had to wear a coat to the bus stop, and jolly glad of it I was, too.  Art?  Fill in a bit of mise en scene.

     To quote a line from a Comsat Angels song "The rain hung in sheets from the sky".  It didn't stay hung, though, dearie me no, it came down to earth with a resounding splatter.  Your humble scribe then turned to look uphill - can't take the chance that the 24 bus won't be silently freewheeling downhill in neutral, engine off, so it can sneak past waiting passengers - and when I looked back downhill again - Art?

     Conrad was promptly stricken with heatstroke, which caused him to stagger forward deliriously - fortunate for him, as the freewheeling silent 24 bus driver took this as a hail and came to a stop.
     A silver lining in every cloud, eh?

And Now For The Worst
Not the worst of the worst, only Number 2 on the Sci-Fi Podcast - step up to the plate Uwe Boll!  Uwe as a sci-fi director seems to have cornered the market in computer-game adaptations - that lose money.  The pundits put forward a few facts and I've dug up some more for your delectation:

Date        Title                         Budget                     Box Office               Deficit

2003         Alone in the Dark      $20 million                $5 million                $15 million
2005         Far Cry                    $30 million                $0.5 million              $29.5 million
2005         Bloodrayne               $25 million               $1.5 million              $22 million
2007         Postal                      $20 million                $18 million               $2 million
2007         Dungeon Siege          $60 million                $5 million                 $55 million

     Taken as a whole, those films have lost $120 million dollars - and this is only a selection of films he's directed.  This is a consistent theme of Uwe's films, and I originally did post that he hadn't got any better, but I was wrong - "Attack on Darfur" gets a 6.3 rating on IMDB, meaning pretty good, so perhaps if it's not sci-fi hack work he puts a bit of effort in.
Image result for uwe boll
"Thank you so much Conrad!  We are best pals now!"
     Still, it mystifies.  Conrad does have a potential answer: Uwe was part of a top-secret team of negotiators who helped unify East and West Germany and his reward was to acquire tax-break status for any media he worked in, the implication being that, as a literature graduate, he would be working in the field of novels ...
      Of course, I may be overthinking this -

Finally -
 - for reasons that will become clear later this week, Professor Emmett Brown:
Image result for mad scientist
Crocodile clips -
- keep down bunyips


No comments:

Post a Comment