Search This Blog

Friday 15 July 2016

A Coherent Rant

Yes I Say, Michael Bay!
You'll see what I mean in a little while.
     I've decided to try a bit of self-promoting short-cuttery and post an extract from the blog as of 15th July 2013, thus:

The Streaming Bit
     So.  That wonky-eyed* chap from Radiohead - Thom, that's him, young Thom Yorke - has pulled his tracks from Scrotify.  I don't blame him.  Bloody chiselling weasels, restricting free play to 0.0005 seconds per month and preventing more than 0.9999 plays of a song whilst pimping 18 billion aural adverts.  Disgraceful!
     I am, however, deliriously happy that Grooveshark didn't get a mention in the BBC article - hang on I'm a blogger there ought to be a link here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23313445

 - ah there we go!  Where was I?  Oh yes, Saint Swithin's Day is supposed to - hang on, whoops -

 -ah, yes, Conrad is getting on a bit and loses the thread sometimes.  No Grooveshark, so it can be my little secret. Mine, mine, mine.  ALL MINE!  and someday, Valentina, I will tell you about 96.2 The Revolution.  Meanwhile all Grooveshark bases belong to me.

  I have handily adjusted the colour for you, so you can tell it apart from the rest of BOOJUM! as it surely wouldn't do to confuse you.  Accidentally, anyway - deliberately is  quite another matter ....
     I'm sure you know by now that Grooveshark was actually an illegal streaming music site that went toes-up last year.  96.2 The Revolution got bought out by that waste of DNA, Steve Penk, who appeared to buy up the licence so he could hear his own voice burbling inanities from the speakers.  "Radio Two with adverts" as it was tellingly described; his audience share rose a bit and then dropped to the same level as the pre-buyout station and he had to get rid of the licence as it wasn't making money*.
Image result for cowpat
"Oh dear - I've stepped in a Penk."
     Well then, here's another bit of self-promotion.  However, rather than post a whole load of text - because that would up the word-count in a manner close to cheating** - I'll just post a link to the July 15th 2014 page and you can choose to view or not as the fancy takes you.

http://comsatangel2002.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/wicked-wanton-weather.html

     Pretty obviously from the title some things are still a constant here.
Burying the body
     And now - let the motley begin!

"Coherence"
A film, lest you be unaware.  Independent as a hog on ice, and with a budget so small it makes your holiday videos look lavishly funded, it is nevertheless an excellent film that thoroughly stretches your imagination and wits.  Go and watch it.  NOW!
Image result for coherence film
The cast
     I was listening to the commentary whilst studying, and the director and co-writer both described it as a "microbudget" film: 8 cast members, a living room and a couple of cameras. Despite this it had been comprehensively worked on for a year  and nothing on screen is superfluous or wasted.  No script, however!  Each actor improvised from individual notes given to them by the director and writer, so nobody knew what was going to happen.  Director Jim described it as an experiment, breaking free from the usual filming conventions of scripts, rehearsals, storyboarding, blocking, looping, re-shoots, multiple takes, etcetera.
Image result for coherence film
Yes, that is Nicholas Brandon, who plays a douchebag very well.
     Well, for an experiment it works and works very well.
     For yesterday's second coincidence, during the commentary, Jim mentioned "Another Earth".  What CD was nestled but two feet from your humble scribe's shoulder?  Yes, "Another Earth".  Art?

     Also, Hugo Armstrong is the go-to guy if you want to smash cars up.
Image result for coherence film hugo
Do not mess with!
As One Door Closes -
 - air pressure can cause another to open, or I'd never have found my way out of the car park of The Electric Goldfish Bowl.
     Which has nothing to do with the rest of this post.  I have now reached the end of one notebook, so it is time to move on and start another.  Art?

     Old on the right, new on the left.  Bear in mind I've gone through the old one in just under two months, a triumph for verbiosity.  I wonder if the new one will last longer if I write smaller?
     Now, if I was really clever, I'd work out an analogy to the hermit crab and how it's only - FOR GOD'S SAKE HURRY CONRAD THE ZOMBIES ARE CIRCLING AND YOU'VE ONLY GOT SECONDS! - phew, okay, all info transcribed.  Scare over.

Well, we are now at count, and I have to go do the weekly shop <grumpy face>.  Wish me luck!



*  Conrad glad.
** Okay, cheating full stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment