Search This Blog

Sunday 6 March 2016

Tee Hee

Yes!
Conrad continues to squeeze what humour he can out of that phrase, like the last sad pulp-filled drops from a lemon slice being squeezed in a vice - hey, that's not bad, is it?  Pure spur of the moment.  Conrad still has it when it comes to words.
     Art?  Can we have a picture to illustrate the title?
Eyes right
     There you go.  If you recall, I have decided to retire the "Rant and tant" mode for dealing with Suggested Posts on Twitter and Facebook.  It was getting a tad predictable.
     So, instead we have this picture of a young lady playing golf.  With a tee.  Hence that title.

I Say!
Actually the Foobs came up with something both easy on the eye and almost - almost! - applicable.  Art?
Eyes left
     Despite that advert on the right, "With The Dead", which by the way sounds not just up Conrad's street but parked outside his house with the doors open, I respectfully invite you to look at the Icelandair Stopover Buddy.  It's not readily apparent from the picture here as I can't enlarge it any further, but that is one charming young lady.  Not only that, check out the background.  If Conrad did ever venture to Iceland he'd try and fit in a gig by Siggur Ros and Bjork, both of whom would be glad to perform for him alone*.  Anyway, since we here at BOOJUM! are still SFW, I'm sure the Stopover Buddy scheme is squeaky clean and all above board.

Thank You Oscar
Once again a word rises up from the depths of Conrad's mind (a dark and terrible place) to meet with the cold light of day.
     "Mansard" I mused to myself whilst toasting a pitta bread and heating up a pasty.  "Is that a type of house?"  I further pondered whilst eating the pasty, and deciding afterwards that it was quite unpleasant.
     Close; "Mansard" is a type of roofing, with a sharply angled upper section and a shallower lower section.  Art?  Dig up a photo.
Image result for mansard roof paris
Mansard roof Paris
     This closely resembles the apartment we stayed in during our brief sojourn in Paris a few years back.  Don't look so jealous; we were woken at about 5:30 a.m. by the council cleaners, who drove around a small electric vehicle with a rear-mounted platform that they periodically lowered to the ground EXTREMELY LOUDLY.
     BOOJUM! - here to educate as well as entertain**.

Conrad: He's Still Got It -
 - when it comes to crosswords.  Here is the evidence:
Eyes left
     All my own work, no help needed from any crossword clue websites here.  You have to take my word for that.  Not sure how long it took to complete as it was interrupted by a couple of visits to the kitchen for tea.

The Charm Offensive Worked!
Either that or there's a sudden undercover crisis in Europe that's siphoned off the eavesdropping teams from the CIA, MI5, UNIT and GROM.  They have now reduced their allocation of spies to a single white van:

     So I think we're able to talk about tanks, zombies, atom bombs and atom-bombing the Moon.  YES!  Art?  Dig up a photo.
Exactly so

The Cat Sat -
 - exactly where I didn't want it to.  No, not on my books today, this time it was my chair at the kitchen table.

     It took me physically picking the chair up and shaking it before Jenny got the message and moved.  Thankfully not onto my books.  Truly an example of the "If I fits I sits" attitude of these creatures.
     I realise this is not exactly news, although it is one of the small frustrations that, collectively, make up Conrad's waking hours.  Tomorrow it will be "Is the bus going to turn up on time?"

And Finally -
Another screenshot I took of a short clip about Odd Book Titles:

     I'm pretty sure - in fact let me just pop over to IMDB and check - ah yes <makes sad face> there is no such film as "Transvestite Vampire Biker Nuns From Outer Space", which is a minor tragedy as I'm sure we can all agree.

That's all for now, catch you later!


* This may be a flight of fantasy.  Indulge me.
** And complain about Parisian council workers


No comments:

Post a Comment