Search This Blog

Saturday 18 April 2020

Hold The Gold

I Am Afraid We Are Back With The Latin
<grimaces and growls> because of the bottle of beer bought earlier this week.  As you should surely know by now, Conrad, when he goes and peruses the banks of beer bottles in Morrisons, looks to see what inspiration their names or labels might generate, rather than what they might taste like*.
The Sometimes Strange Stories Behind 10 Strange Beer Names
I mean, I'd buy this regardless.  How could one resist!

     Thus we come to - Art?

     I originally thought that "Aurum" was a species of lily, and it may still be - actually no, I was thinking of the ARUM Lily.  Close, close.  "Aurum" is Latin for "Gold", so that would have been a case of literal lily-gilding, and is where the chemical symbol for gold comes from "Au".  It's also the root for the name "Auric", which you may remember as being one of the villains of the piece in a popular entertainment.  Art?
Auric Goldfinger | Villains Wiki | Fandom
He vaulted to freedom ...
     Anyway, all this is by way of a preamble, since I have decided to hold off opening (and drinking) that there bottle of Aurum, as it will no doubt taste all the sweeter next Saturday; when I will be working.  Working from home, so I can get up at 08:00 and still be in good time to start at 09:00, yet working nonetheless.  A bottle of liquid gold will motivate me for the day.
     Motley, shall we paint you all over gold?
Jill Masterson (Shirley Eaton) | 007 Fanon Wiki | Fandom
CAUTION!  This is not the motley, and don't try it at home.
(Heatstroke the problem)

How To Hideously Haunt Small Children
Earlier today we demonstrated how unpleasant an episode of "The Adventures of Mark Twain" was, definitely unsettling for small children, and likely to have them waking with an attack of the screaming ab-dabs when they think Mister Mysterious Stranger was lurking under their bed, or in the cupboard.
Satan (The Adventures of Mark Twain) | Legends of the Multi ...
Creepy as all get out
     You can imagine it, can't you?
LITTLE TIMMY (squeaking with fear):  Daddy!  Daddy!  the M'strus Strangler is hiding in my closet**!
DADDY (coming into room and turning on light):  O don't be such a wet blanket, Timmy.
LITTLE TIMMY: It's true - he is!
DADDY: It's pronounced "Mysterious Stranger", as well.  Look, I'll prove it to you - <strides over to closet>
LITTLE TIMMY: Be careful!
DADDY: <opens doors, carefully preventing Timmy from seeing inside>  See, I told you th - O MY GOD!
LITTLE TIMMY: <shrieks in fear and wets his bed> Eeeeek!
DADDY: <laughing and opening doors to show closet is empty>: Ha!  You should have seen your face!
LITTLE TIMMY: I hate you!  I hate you!  I wish Mommy had never been replaced by a robot!
DADDY: <narrowing eyes and turning out the light as he leaves>: Yeah, gotta get back to that curvy old Gynoid.  'night, Timmy.
     <a sinister rustling comes from beneath the bed ...>
Monsters Aren't Just Under the Bed - Brian — The Man Behind The ...
Heh.
     Er - well, of course we condemn unfit parents like Daddy, and we don't want to know anything whatsoever about his "Gynoid" robot wife replacement, which sounds very NSFW, so let us move on to another Hideous Apparition Of Children's Television - Art?
Mr Noseybonk: A Childhood Nightmare | ReelRundown
Children, meet Noseybonk!
     Children?  I say - children!  Where did they go?  <sighs exasperatedly>.  I guess that proves my point.  This ghastly pop-eyed goitre was put together by a panel of sociopaths on drugs in a sleep-deprivation exercise.  Perhaps.  Would you be happy with your little treasures being "entertained" by this creepy bumbletuck?  Art?
Childhood Scares. Mr. Noseybonk. | Creepy, Creppy, Fictional ...
"Innocent children's souls are always the most delicious ones!"
     As you can see, daylight does not improve Noseybonk.  Not one bit.  Up there with the creepy clown doll from "Poltergeist", and no I'm not going to put up a picture as I want to get to sleep tonight.  And not dream about the unseen Thing attempting to pull my covers off with enormous strength ...

Top 50 Sci-Fi Television Shows
And we have worked our way around to Number 38.  Art?
MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - ABC's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell. (ABC/Kurt Iswarienkio )
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
     Conrad did watch it for a couple of seasons, maybe three, and it was okay in a distinctly sub-genre way when compared to the Marvel films it spun off from; I think it kept introducing new agents who had to have oh-so-different backstories to distinguish their interchangeable selves .  I can't remember a thing about it now, except it had Agent Coulson in it, so presumably he didn't choke it when getting impaled by Loki.  It was all about a roster of junior agents working for SHIELD, which was a dodgy acronym which didn't make a whole lot of sense.  This year's season, season 7, is supposed to be the last, after which I might take an interest.  Is it on Netflix?  Yeah, yeah,damning with faint praise, so what.  
A.C ♥ - Agent Phil Coulson Photo (36181091) - Fanpop
Oooops, I appear to have annoyed Phil.

Finally - 
Time is a-marching on and I need to go get my Second Tea; First Tea was tasty and the mash was both smooth and buttery, though there wasn't enough to keep a large chap like me properly fed.  So I shall go away and do the improper feeding bit.
Chin chin!
*  Except white beer.  I won't buy that as it tastes like a bowl of washing up water after doing the dishes for a hundred people
**  "Closet" because we're being South Canadian here.

No comments:

Post a Comment