Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 August 2015

It's Shatner, Bill, Eating His Fill!

I Like To Feel I'm Impressing At Least Me
One of the ways I manage this feat is by using the same photograph or picture twice in a row with a different reason for the second time round.  Hence -
Image result for leonard nimoy angling
Bill and Len, the Star Trek men
     It's undeniably Bill Shatner and he looks pretty determined tucking into that food.  You can't argue that there isn't much on his plate so "his fill" is inaccurate either, as there may have been three plates prior to that one, or it was piled six inches high.
     However, reviewing "Poi" I can assert with confidence that Mr Nimoy is not eating it, because -

Poi
Is actually a staple food across Polynesia, not simply Hawaii.  Art?
Image result for pie
NO!  Get it right, or I get out the Tazer and the -
Image result for poi food
Actually it does look straight out of Star Trek dining
     It's made up by grinding the root of the Taro plant - Art!
Thus
     and adding water to get the required consistency.  Since it is quite fluid, physics dictates that Mr Nimoy is eating a solid food product, not Poi.

More Of Food
Since I am on leave - you may have noticed as the number of posts per day has increased to two - Wonder Wifey wanted me to make cake.  No subtlety or hints, Conad as a man is incapable of comprehending either, it was merely "MAKE CAKE!" followed several hours later by "NOW PLEASE!"
The rascals in question
     So here they are, although one has gone as a test sample.  Gluten free, and well risen despite that - Self Raising Flour has that effect.
     I shall not be having any.  For one, I am not at all keen on chocolate cake.  For another, I'd have to risk getting my hand cut off at the wrist by Certain Interested Parties.

Today's Coincidence
Conrad hopes you were keeping notes last week, as he described that mythical creature, the Manticore.
     Okay, the Manticore, it's not that well-known and certainly not well-loved (bit of an hideous beast, frankly, on the order of Mr Worf on the Mirror-Cracking Scale).  So you don't expect to encounter it very often in the real world.  
     There I was, scrolling through the television guide, noticing "Touched by An Angel" and then "Dark Angel" and wondering if "Angelheart" was going to pop -
     - what was that in the blurb about "Dark Angel"?  " - and another Manticore creation is let loose."
     Well!   What are the chances of that happening! 
     And one of the reasons I never sit with my back to the door.
Image result for 2000aD angel
A whole lot of angels.  The Angel Gang, in fact

Deer, Deer, Deer
My Rock Star Chum Ian Breen has been posting on Facebook about the Deerhoof gig he went to last night with a couple of hilarious photographs - one of a young woman looking so bored you think she might stop breathing shortly, and another of a chap reading a big book whilst the band are playing.  During an intermission, fine; before the gig starts, okay.  After the gig ends - well, a bit odd but permissible.  During the gig risks the lead singer smacking you in the chops with a mike stand.
     Now, because neither of us at home has a bus pass, Conrad screwed his courage to the sticking place*, got his i-pod and walked to Royton, deciding to play Deerhoof on the way there.  Only when I checked before entering the Co-Op, it was actually Deerhunter.  I don't have any Deerhoof at all.  Perhaps I did when Grooveshark was still around**.  Then I have to take care not to confuse either with Deertick who are completely different, nor Dear Trick (a Cheap Trick tribute band***), Deer Pupple or The Wreck of the Mary Deare.


A Little Musical Critique
And we return to the subject of "Blinded By The Light", after a short pause of several days to allow you to get your mind back into order.  It was written by this chap -
Scruffy young rascal!
     - whose image I picked up off Facebook, which is another kind of coincidence but we'll ignore that and barrel on with the lyrics -

"And Little Early-Purley"
I repeat this line from the prior post as otherwise what follows makes little sense. Or less sense.  Or no sense.
"Came by in his curly-wurly"
I don't know what this means in America but here in the UK -
Image result for curly wurly

"And asked me if I needed a ride"
These people are all on drugs! DO NOT RIDE WITH THEM!
"Well she was blinded by the light"
I told you before, woman, close your eyes.  It's not rocket science.
"Revved up like a deuce"
Hang on, those South Canadians call a type of card a "Deuce", don't they?
"Another runner in the night"
Except how could a card get revved up?  A car yes, a card, no.


That's enough for one night, eh?  See you tomorrow on the same rat-channel!


* Okay, okay, it's a quote from "MacBeth"
** (muted man-sob)
*** Actually I'm lying, I made this one up.  Which, given the way Coincidence loves to smack me around the chops with a metaphorical mike stand, means such a band really does exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment