Search This Blog

Sunday 30 August 2015

It's Geordie La Forge - Having A Gorge!

Well, Almost
I mean, there he is, next to food, amongst a whole lot of people eating food, at a party where there's lots of food, so permit me the point.
Image result for geordi la forge eating
Worf still looking gay in a sashay
     Besides, "It's Geordie La Forge - Standing next to some food" doesn't rhyme and doesn't have any dramatic impact.  Here at BOOJUM! it's all about the drama!

Thank You, Oscar
A few months ago - or so I thought - I explained about seeing a film probably 40 years ago, yet not knowing what it was called.  A bit of digging on Google and at IMDB proved that it was "SOS Pacific", where a damaged flying boat puts down in the Pacific on a deserted island.  There are derelict ships out in the channel, cattle tethered in place and a deserted bunker lined with lead and filled with cameras.  Two miles away is another island, with a pylon.  As the stranded survivors realise, there's a hydrogen warhead on the pylon and it's going to be detonated within hours ...
SOS Pacific (1959) Poster
Unfortunately this font appears to have strayed in from a "Carry On" film ...
     It's a pretty good film, as I recall.  I did mention a few months elapsed above, didn't I?  Discovering the "Search" function on Blogger meant I tracked the original post down, and it was July 2014.  Not sure if this means my memory is good or bad, but it's certainly wild, which is why I call it Oscar. 
     My notes at the time complained that the poster is misleading, as it's in black and white.
     What turned up on the "Movies for Men" channel yesterday?  No!  Not "Moulin Rouge" - Movies for MEN.  "SOS Pacific".  However:
As you can see - B & W no longer!
     I checked IMDB and it was originally in colour.  The credits at the end declared that it had been "remastered", for which read "colourised", or more accurately "colourised in lovely pastel shades".
     What was that about MEN?

Thank You, Edna
This afternoon Degsy pruned the tree in the Mansion's back yard, helped - in her fond imagination - by Edna.


     It was her particular delight to get the green branches and chew them to bits.  Not the dry brown ones, they're no fun.

Thank You, Morrisons
Yes!  The above retailer has started selling one of Conrad's most favourite tipples, Morland's "Old Golden Hen"
Image result for old golden hen
Simply splendid stuff
     This is not exactly the sort of thing that will ever appear on the BBC News' "Breaking" banner.  Don't forget, though, it's the little things in life ...


Conrad - Master Of Matters Technical
I would like to show you another screenshot, this one of my Facebook profile page:
Winsome as anything, eh?
     Who says you can't teach an old dog - one that is particularly curmudgeonly at the best of times - new tricks?  I've changed my background photograph AND my Profile photograph on the same day I learned how to search my own posts on Blogger.
     Conrad says "21st century?  BRING IT ON!*"
     Whilst trawling the various television channels I came across another potential instrumental dance track title:"Vintage Floral Wall Clock Kit".  What do you think?  One for Leftfield's next album?

Poirot - A Problem At Sea
Technically they were in harbour at the time the murder was committed, so slapped wrists for both Agatha and Clive Exton (who did these adaptations).
     I did like the fact that the filming was done in Greece, standing in for Alexandria, which is making the most of your location filming abroad.
     Oh, I knew straight away who the killer was and how he got his alibi.  Solution in the footnotes**!
     Another thing.  Colonel Clapperton had been in the Grenadier Guards, General Forbes implying that he only got in because of wartime expediency.  Not at all.  If the snobbish and elitist Guards regiments didn't like an officer, they didn't last long, and certainly wouldn't get to the rank of Colonel.
     I recall a gunnery officer's autobiography, where he spent a day in a front-line Observation Post with a gunnery Major from the Guards.
     "Are you a Regular?" asked the Major, to a "No, sir"
     "Did you go to Eton?" was the next question, again to a "No, sir"
     After that the Major ignored him completely for the rest of the day.
Image result for poirot a problem at sea
The terrifying amateur singing experience.
To me, THIS would be the problem!
"The Transporter Refuelled"
As seen on a bus poster.  Thus it qualifies for a BOOJUM! film review.  It's been a while so let me refresh you on the rules:
     1)  Everything is taken literally
     2)  No research
     So.  This would be one of the year's shortest and most boring films.  Probably between five to ten minutes long.
Image result for transporter refuelling
The excitement!  The drama! The - ah, who am I kidding.






* In small bite-size chunks, ta.
** Colonel Clapperton; he'd murdered his wife then used his music hall ventriloquy talents to pretend she was talking to him from behind her locked cabin door.







No comments:

Post a Comment