Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 June 2015

My Cunning Plan ...

It Was To Be -
 - simply load up today's post with photographs and pictures, meaning that I didn't have to type very much, merely resort to pictures and have a long post full of items that I'd nothing to do with.
     However, I suspect that this would not have worked anyway, had it been tried, as I am simply too much of a flibbertijibbet and have entirely too much to say about everyone and everything.
     Okay, on with the amended nonsense notification!

Actually pardon me whilst I go see how the custard base for my ice cream is doing - 

 - Fine!  Still cooling.

Obligatory 2 Year Anniversary Reference
If you're tired of hearing about this historic date, then THE EXIT DOOR IS THAT WAY!
     I refer, obviously - obviously! - to the establishment of this blog two years ago, and how <Mister Hand intervenes to short-cut a lot of back-slapping Dog Buns> so I have to say these photos are how far BOOJUM! has marched on in a year:
2014
     - and then we have -
2015
     I think this says volumes about volumes, at volume.

At Bleeding Last!
One of Conrad's interests - if not obsessions - is the written work of Thomas Pynchon, who is an American man of letters notable for long works of fiction published from the Sixties onward.  They are difficult to pigeonhole, but involve songs, puns, intricately-involved references to science and technology, wildly inventive characters with strange names, and - well, that's enough to be going on with.
     One of the blanks in my life is "Bleeding Edge", Tom's most recent work.  I bought it on Abebooks weeks ago.

     Weeks ago!
     Now it's finally arrived.  Hence the title for this particular post.

The Cat And Dog Parade Charade
Yes indeed.  I have to post this stuff so that Wonder Wifey is reassured that Edna Wunderhund is being looked after, and not neglected.   As if!  Conrad takes his dog sitting duties very seriously.  Why, did we not go for a good 20 minute stroll this afternoon*?
     Okay, let the photo-essay begin:
Edna, sulking.  This is about 30 minutes after Wonder Wifey had left.
     Of course, she came around:
Edna, sulking upon your humble scribe
     Later on, a human cushion was not enough, and she resorted to the kitchen table.  This meant I had to go and scope her out, as things were suspiciously quiet.
Edna, sulking upon the table.
     Later in the afternoon we went from sulking to skulking, viz:

     Behold the cat in her un-natural habitat.  I only got this picture as I'd heard purring, and wondered where on earth it was coming from:
"Surprise!"
     Bear in mind that these two occasionally get together and plot.  Yes, there are circumstances where the old, old Dog versus Cat antipathy gets put to one side:
This is either Minds Meeting, or a Conspiracy of Curs.  Not sure which.
     And for all of three minutes thirty-seven seconds (I timed it) there is perfect harmony and happiness at the Mansion:
"ARF ARF ARF SCOFF SCOFF SCOFF!"

And As Well**
Conrad is also entrusted with watering the flowers, except this chore takes up such a position of responsibility that it becomes WATERING THE FLOWERS.
     Yes, thank you.  Don't oversell it or anything, eh?  Anyway, the Mansion's flowers got a 6 litre overdub of H2O this afternoon, and I was canny enough to take a photo as proof:

     This is at the fag end of the routine when there was only about 1 litre left.

Ooops, Nearly Forgot!
As mentioned before, here is a shot of Scouting Location Garden:
Please note the accoutrements - beer, books and bitch***.

Looking Back
As I have mentioned elsewhere, BOOJUM! began on this date two years ago, so here is a replication of the second-ever post, which explains a few things:

"Boojum", I should explain, comes from Lewis Carrolls "The Hunting of the Snark" and was chosen simply because I like the way it sounds.  Apologies to any Carrollophiles who have been cruelly deceived.

Next, a little experimentation.  What do the fonts look like?

What do the fonts look like?  What do the fonts look like?  What do the fonts look like?  What do the fonts look like?  What do the fonts look like?  What do the fonts look like?  What do the fonts look like?

I think - excuse me -
Trebuchet.  Again, because of the name.
A Trebuchet.  Obviously.  You wouldn't mistake it for an ironing board, would you?

What domestic pottering shall I get up to tonight?  Ironing, and picking socks out of the dryer, and prepping some food for tomorrow, and getting the ice-cream maker ready!  This time tomorrow we shall see what I can concoct.  Oh yes.


In other late-breaking news, I've read about 1/3 of the way through my zombie Opum Magnus, which is about 3/4 done.  114,000 words.  Whether it's actually any good or not - hmmm.  Hmm!

I rather suspect that the jury is still out on the "Hmm!" verdict.

Time to move on.  Chin chin!

* No evidence, I'm afraid - forgot to take camera along.
** Well - get it?  Well, water, flowers - O you did.
*** "bitch" in the sense of female dog, Conrad is far too fond of her to be insulting.









No comments:

Post a Comment