Search This Blog

Thursday 18 June 2015

Hit With The Coincidence Hammer - AGAIN!

I Do Wonder Sometimes ...
There I was, trying to think of a title for this hastily-thrown together post, and instead decided to open the mighty Brewers Dictionary of Phrase and Fable in order to choose something  appropriate and random, and what is on Page 1141?
     "Ramadan".
     What Muslim event is currently being celebrated?
     Ramadan.
     I wasn't even going to do a second post until I remembered that 1) There won't be a blog tomorrow, and 2) There were plentiful pictures of pooch.
     So without further ado, let the motley begin!


Giving Edna Some Stick
Just visible beneath her neck
     Conrad is far too big a coward to dare actually administer stick.  Wonder Wifey can be quite frightening at times, you know ...

Out And About
NO! I am not re-using yesterday's photos.  Note the cut grass in this picture

Edna's default Close At Hand position - she expects biscuits

Edna off the lead.  Typically she does not stray far.

Thank you for informing us

Sorry about the distant focus
     This was the 6th vehicle I'd encountered on Thornham Lane, which is positive gridlock for this collection of potholes strung together.

Once Back Home
In the "Leg Nest"
Conrad apparently makes an acceptably comfy cushion.

Recapitulation
What do we have here?  Going back 2 years, the blog adds pictures!

Well after - hang on what's this? ah now Trebuchet, that's better.

Okay, as per yesterday's Chiselled In Stone agreements, I have written up 1200 words of my Zombie Magnum Opus.  Which came quite easily, so yah boo sucks to Writer's Block, ta very much.  I have also been puzzling about my hex-and-counter wargame, adding more detail to rules and dragging a big MDF over to the drawing desk to create some counters.  The ice cream is still pending - got to go sort out the strawberries in a bit - and I am now 60% through "The Fire Engine That Disappeared" - which was written in 1968 and has occasional background verisimilitude to verify just that - not sure if any readers today would remember the Greek Colonel's coup of 1967.

What else?  Hmmm. 
 Greene King IPA does not compare at the same level to Cain's IPA.  Greene's is more like a conventional ale than an IPA. 

Not that it's badper se, just not what I expected.



Okay, time to go hull those strawberries.

Tomorrow:  either The Death Of Nelson As Wall Mural (in 3D) or - Sunday Laundry

Don't sneer, I'm an old dog and it takes me a while to pick up new things.  I rather wonder at the conversational tone here - with time and confidence I would be a lot more stridently assertive, oh yes baby.

No footnotes today!



No comments:

Post a Comment