Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Much Reading, Little Writing

My Wargaming Rules
     Come back!  I shan't bore with a description of same.  I started, in a very idle and dilettantish manner, on these exactly two years ago to this day.  I didn't really put any effort into them until earlier this year.  Re-reading them confirms that I'll have to edit and chop and change them around, the penalty one pays for stringing out the creative process for soooo long.

Ice-Cream again
     It wouldn't be BOOJUM! without a gratuitous mention of ice-cream, would it?  This version is Raspberry and Yoghurt.  I didn't bother sifting the pips; gives it a bit of texture, I think.  Thanks go out to Anna, who provided the Bison vodka that helps prevent the final product from being icecrete.

The English Obsession
    Weather.  I see we're now back to the standard seasonal Slutch.  I could have got in a boat and sailed downhill into Royton town centre this afternoon, and probably paddled back upstream, too.  Thanks for raining whilst I'm on leave!  Watch tomorrow morning dawn bright and beautiful in mockery.

Furnishing a Room
     Apparently that's what good books do.  I now have 18 recently bought ones to get through, and I was on the bus for the past week, allowing some serious reading to be done to and from work.  The thing is, if I'm reading a book I'm not writing one, and those zombies really still have to be dealt with ...

No comments:

Post a Comment