Search This Blog

Friday 5 July 2013

Behold the Bloke.

I have been fiddling around with the Blog, so now You The Reader can see me in all my 78 year-old glory, standing utterly knackered after working all day in a retail store last Christmas.  Can you guess where I work yet?

In The Office
At last!  I have landed a desk right beside the window, and can now crank the Victorian windowpanes open in order to let fresh air buffet upon me.  This is no mere frivolity since my ability to fall asleep in hot, airless, stuffy environments was well known at Connexions.  My immediate manager's concern when the Director came to lecture us was to have me concealed out of direct line-of-sight of our Mighty Leader, because after half an hour I would fall asleep.  During more mundane office meetings those staff sat alongside me would be tasked with poking every so often with sharp objects, to ensure I was awake and aware.  In desperation I was selected to minute our meetings, which usually started at 3:30, but by 4:00 the minutes would look as if a dying, ink-stained slug had crawled across the page.
     But not at [Insert name of employer here]!  Not now I can get the temperature down to a comfortable 8 or 9 degrees C.  And yes, I would sit in the fridge if it were big enough.

Cupboard Love
Last week Abi missed out on the home-made chocolate ice-cream, so I asked if she would like a particular cake baking this week instead?  "Carrot cake" she replied, so I used the Hummingbird Bakery book that Mystery Santa* got me for Christmas.  Well the cake that results is a four-layer sponge with over a pound of icing, I had to carry it under a cardboard box that was carried in a laundry basket to ensure it got to the office intact.  Cue chorus of awe from staff when it gets unveiled, and then!  All the female staff declare that they are on diets and can't have any!  Except Abi, bless her, who scoffs a slice straight away and <cue Conrad blushing> renders a peck on the cheek in gratitude.


The Culprit

Because I Can
Oho.  Oh boy.  I have now worked out how to post pictures from my mobile's camera.


This -

Is from earlier this year, when I finally put my comics collection in order.

And this -

Is a 30 foot Christmas tree made out of knitted socks.

Th - th- that's all, folks - pip pip!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment