Search This Blog

Monday 16 May 2016

Exploiting Dog For Evil Blog!

Bwa-hah-hah!
Should I capitalise those "h"'s after the hyphen?  I'm not sure if the normal rules of grammar apply here.  As an apprentice world dictator who may will be using this maniacal cackle a lot in future, I shall have to research this and find out.
     Back to being evil.  Sorry,  eeeevil.  Shall we colour it to make it more wicked?  Go on then.  Back to being eeeeevil.  If you pay any attention to Conrad's witless babblings profound sayings random word-salad then you know that Wonder Wifey, promising cook and practicing gardener, is off with Best Friend Jayne down in Milton Keynes.  
     "We are a little underwhelmed, Conrad.  Pray, add a bit of dramatic tension," I hear you say.
     Okayyyy.  Wonder Wifey is off down in Milton Keynes with Jayne, plotting to BLOW UP THE MOON!  Or it could have been a balloon, my hearing's not that good.  This means that Edna the Wunderhund is left to the attention of only two humans, Degsy and myself, thus meaning a 33% drop in Undivided Attention.
     Now, I can't remember if I posted this picture yesterday, and I'm not going to check as I'm late and it's already past eight p.m*.  Art?
Extra large for the Awwww! factor
     I hope this comes up as the default picture on Facebook, a cute doggeh is always worth a few hits.  This is Edna, taking refuge in the Upstairs Lair because Degsy was hoovering downstairs.  Hoovering and only 66% Undivided Attention - the International Criminal Court is standing by!
     The other reason I've got to crack on with tonight's post is, again, Edna.  She no like lack of love.

Meanwhile, Elsewhere In The Animal Kingdom
Jenny, a.k.a. Cyborg Sentry Cat, deems herself to be extra-specially clever if she can sneak into the Upstairs Lair and score a place on the bed.  With her it's a case of first resort, rather than Edna's Last Resort Ever On The Way To Dusty Death.  On occasion she likes to prowl around, annoyingly knocking over my Miniature Historical Replicas.  On other occasions, as here, she likes to hide inside an object -
"Yes, foolish human?"
The Gig
It's about time you got to hear (metaphorically) about Conrad's aural experiences at The Bunker in Salford.  Art?
Image result for SAGE bunker
NO!  Art!  Not a SAGE bunker -
     Let me establish the ambience of Dickinson Street  with a photo -
It is possibly still working as it's been left alone
     This is used as a publicity still by one of the promoters.  Cinema verite.  Then we have the Bunker itself, and I'm warning you, Art -
Barbed wire to keep punters IN!
     Set in the middle of an urban wasteland, literally.  The Bunker itself embraces the Grungy Grotty Grimy ethos, in fact more like grapples-with-and-falls-onto-the-dirty-mattress than merely "embraces".  It's being closed down.
     Enough wibble!  On with the music!
     Er - I missed Sphelm, the first act, characteristically being late to the start.  Oh well.  I have seen them before, at Kosmonaut**.  I drowned my sorrows at the bar.  Art?
The bar
     I know this makes the Soup Kitchen's cellar look like a glamourous party parlour, but they had a cool electronic gadget that allowed payment by card!  Which Conrad of course ignored, being a dinosaur.
     Enough non-musical wibble!  The venue!  Art?



     There you have it.  As Alison said, a bit like "Bob's Country Bunker" in "The Blues Brothers" except no chain-link.
     Next up - Dujat and Jecht Rye, the latter of whom was taking money at the door, and a nice unconceited young man he was too.
     "Yes yes Conrad!" I hear you carp.  "The music!  The music!"
     Okay, Kinda trancey and ambient.  Reminiscent, I think, of Bibio and "Ambivalence Avenue" if you want to Youtube for a comparison.  Interspersed, if not interrupted, by gouts of dry ice.  Art?

     Next up - Worriedaboutsatan (not to be confused with textiles pressure-group Worriedaboutsatin nor the astronomical conspiracy group Worriedaboutsaturn).
Worried, about and sat in
     Worried about Satan?  Your humble scribe was more worried about hearing loss.  There were only two of them but they were LOUD!  Also good, admittedly, but NOISY.  Quite punchy stuff, worth catching and I shall look out for them in future, although I shall bring earplugs.  Some of their bass chords threatened to liquify my internal organs.  Oh for the muted twitterings of Dujat and Jecht Rye ...
     Next up, and the band I went along to see, From The Kites Of San Quentin.  Except I only got to see 5 minutes as that last bus home wouldn't wait <sad face>.  Nor did it, in fact it left early so it's a good thing I didn't risk 10 minutes of FTKOSQ.  I shall check Youtube.
     Here's some rather poor photographs of the band:


     "Why so late?" I asked Alison the band's singer (yes, actually we are on first name terms**).  She explained that the whole thing went on until 3 a.m. - so far past your modest artisan's bedtime what he got palpitations - and they had tried to spread things out a bit.
   Tag-team moment - just as I was leaving, Liam arrived, so the Service Delivery torch was passed from hand to hand.  He's been to The Bunker before, and had described it as "spartan", which is entirely correct.  Art?
Image result for spartan missile
NO!  Ace, no more missiles!
     I do apologise.  Hopefully this will not be the default Facebook photo.



*  Like I said, eeeevil.  Sorry, eeeeevil
**  Check out trendy Conrad.  He's so street and hop hip.

1 comment:

  1. I think the percentage of attention Edna gets from Wonder Wifey might be greater, given the amount of time through the day they normally spend togather. Don't ask me to do the math. FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T ASK ME TO DO THE MATH!

    ReplyDelete