Search This Blog

Thursday 14 November 2013

Make Haste!

And also make bread
     I've got another batch of gluten-free on the go, and have to be off to the pub quiz in forty minutes.  O the tension!  Will I get my loaf done in time?
     Hopefully, yes.  Off to give it a second proving now -

- did you miss me?  The dough is strange stuff, it flows like a semi-fluid, so it's fortunate I don't need to knead it.  I need to pop off again in a few minutes to put it in the oven.

How Quaint the Queen
     Yes, HRH popped into 1 Angel Square today to officially open it.  The phones in our office shut down  for the duration and the floor emptied.  I and perhaps ten other people were left in a scene that repeated the eerie silence of Monday's eleven o'clock ceremony, with Conrad wondering "Do they really love Queenie - or is this a chance to go and skive for half an hour?".  Surprisingly the first option seems most likely.  I couldn't really attend as that would be rank hypocrisy.

"Hypocrisy"
     Derived from the Greek for "under" and "to decide".  How come we never see Hypercrisy, where people are overly judgemental?  Or just Crisy?  "I can't choose bedroom curtains today, I've got a crisy crisis."  Ah, etymology ...

No, Venusia, "Etymology"
     The study of words and their evolution and adaptation over history.  "Watching horrid creepy crawlies", as you so aptly put it, is "Entomology".

Is that so?
     Wonder what JRR Tolkein would have called the study of Ents?

Right!  Got to go put the human skin on and convince pub-goers that Conrad is indeed a member of Hom. Sap.

No comments:

Post a Comment