Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 November 2013

It's about time -

In two senses of the word
     I have been banging on about playing an English Civil War game, but that I needed to swot up on the straightforward ruleset.  Then I realised my little chaps were based in such a way that the straightforward rules couldn't be used.  I then looked at the more complex set of rules, and - the unit bases are far too large.  I'm not sure why they got based in this fashion.  Conrad was an idiot at the time?


Dangerous - if trodden on in your bare feet
Do not wish the year away!
     Given Conrad's advanced age, he likes to cling to each day like a lifebelt in the tides of time.  Given this propensity, he is known for shouting at people who start bleating "It's nearly Christmas!" in June.  You may mention Christmas in November, but no more than once per week.  In December you may mention it daily - once.
     Both my spies and assassins are on the lookout, so be careful, Victoria, be very careful.
Could have been scripted for BOOJUM!
Gloat over a glut of Gluten-free Loaf
     In the spirit of optimistic enquiry, Conrad has just put a gluten-free loaf into the loaf tin.  He seemed to recall the ratio of 6 parts rice flour, 2 parts potato flour and 1 par tapioca.  No tapioca so he used ground arrowroot instead.  There is little kneading of this stuff as kneading is to get the gluten good and angry. 
     I really have no idea what this will turn out like.  Give me a minute to pop down the spiral staircases and into the Non-Dangerous Kitchen -

Behold the beast!
I shall have to go and babysit this article whilst it bakes, so here is an end to tonight's blog as I toddle off.

Toodle pip!



No comments:

Post a Comment