Search This Blog

Thursday 21 November 2013

I Got Nothing!

No Theme, No Baking, No BBC Web Item
     However, I did get up late, sit around in my dressing-gown, drink tea and solve logic puzzles.  None of this really generates blog material: even a photo of a big grey fat man drinking tea isn't any help.
     I do have Pub Quiz to attend in an hour, which narrows the creative window rather. 



Okay!  Muse, Inspire Me!
     I have been on leave the past four days but forgot to find out which shift I was on tomorrow (Friday if you are reading this many years into the future*) so yes I needed to ring work and find out.  This matters more than usual because we make our move to 1 Angel Square** at close of business tomorrow. I therefore anticipate putting things in boxes (of course on Monday there will be a long list of forgotten items left behind).  The move is a win for me as it takes five minutes off the walk from my car park, although it does put me five minutes further away from the company shop.
     My fellow workers will be enthused to see me again.  Not for valid reasons like ability, diligence and a fondness for bottled ice-water - no, the rascals will be expecting cake!
 

Already taken care of.

The Doctor Is In
     Yes he is, isn't he?  There is a BBC website sidebar link to an interview with Peter Davison:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24989543

Peter makes a very apposite point - the people writing, directing and acting in the programme are those who grew up with it's earlier incarnations.  The stuffed suits at the BBC who hated it with a vengeance are gone the way of the Wirrn, hoorah!

A Wirrn.  Easily dealt with - if you have a can of Raid the size of a dustbin

 More of The Doctor
     I've just finished reading The Collected DWM Tenth Doctor: The Crimson Hand

10th Doctor and Majenta; The Crimson Hand skulking behind

 They invented Majenta Pryce for the Doctor Who Monthly comic, after the canon companions of the TV series had gone and the programme itself was having a break.  Quite an amusing character, although - they will insist on doing this - she has a Deep Dark Secret, which, of course, All Comes Out In The End.  Plus it'a all in colour.
     Thank you Royton Library.  I salute whoever continues to buy comic books for Oldham's library service; our tastes overlap.

Righto!  Need to assemble pens and paper and remember a few tatty news stories from this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment