Search This Blog

Monday 25 November 2013

A Later Post

Not Out Of Cold Traffic-Boosting Calculation -
     No.  I had to iron shirts, which I had neglected to do last night.  I also found myself going round in circles trying to solve a logic puzzle, eventually gave up, checked the solution and found, yes you guessed it, the solution bears absolutely no relation to the clues.
     Grr!  Another thirty minutes I won't get back.
     I also had to eat tea, and a stray Choux bun, and get lunch ready, etcetera.
     So.  Here we are.
A fairly broad definition




Weasels!
     I don't like to let go of a theme once I've gotten my lamprey-like jaws on it.  To briefly recap an earlier Facebook post, weasels come in for an awful lot of stick.  The poor dear creatures are lambasted, mocked and taken as scurrilous touch-stones for every kind of evil under the sun.
     In that science-fiction classic "Greybeard" by Brain Aldiss, what is one of the topical terrors?  Why, a tidal wave of rabid weasels*!
     When Eddie Izzard was being a comedian, which creature did he mock when simulating a recorder being played?  That's right, a weasel.
     Frank Zappa!  What was that utterly disgraceful album cover?  That's right, "Weasels Ripped My Flesh"
Frank Zappa did not take drugs.  Okayyyy.  But he did hate weasels.
Moving Swiftly Along
     Today was my first day in that gigantic sustainable strukturwunder**, 1 Angel Square.  You know what?  There's no icebox in the fridge.
     Nor can you eat at your desk.  This is of serious concern to Conrad, who has been fairly described as having "a buffet" at his in the past.  No more loaves of stale bread, tins of sardines in tomato sauce, persimmons and bits of cake. No ice-cream for breakfast either!

<short pause to allow breathing and meds to take effect>

     On the plus side, there is a spectacular view of Manchester city centre from a seventh-floor perspective.  Today the view at dusk was epic; you would need a cinematographer to do it justice.
Obviously an architectural CGI - I mean, Manchester - with sun?

 Right, off I go.  I have the ECW wargame to work on, that zombie novel, the hex-and-counter wargame rules, an ever-increasing mountain of books and world domination to plot.  Plus at least ten films to watch.  And at least two cakes to make.  Appretice world dictators are so so busy!

* I have used the analogy of "a rabid weasel" in the past, myself.  I hang my head in shame.
** I made this word up.  It may exist in the real world, it may not - if the latter I claim copyright and a 2.5% cut of the profits.


No comments:

Post a Comment