Search This Blog

Wednesday 20 November 2013

'Arf A Mo -

I.E. Time, can you slow down a bit?
     What can I present on the balance-sheet today, that counts as positive achievement?
Cooking, for one.  I made another batch of tomato salsa, slightly less piquant than the last one, and it's chilling in the fridge right now.  I made Spicy Spanish Baked Eggs - no photos, all gone.  I used up some old potatoes to make a splendid creamy mash. 
     I have been further wrestling with the Polemos ECW* rules, in between eating ice-cream - that Strawberry ice-cream I made yesterday is delicious, just soft enough to scoop like shop-bought stuff and without any nasty additives.  Yes, ice-cream in November is, shall we say, a bit counter-intuitive - which still leaves it delicious.
I know - I used this photo yesterday too.  Sue me!

"Bryant And May: On The Loose" by Christopher Fowler
     One of Conrad's hidden weaknesses is detective novels.  When that invasion fleet gets here (they're currently having a rest break at Alpha Centauri) the authors of certain detective novels will be allowed to carry on existing, as long as they continue to write.
     Christopher Fowler is the genius loci behind the Bryant and May series of novels, those titular characters being elderly detectives leading an oddball investigation unit.
    From the blurb on the back, I haven't read this one, but a few pages in the mention of Mr Fox brought back memories.  I think he's been referred to in a later novel - in which case a list of the novels in reading order would be a good idea, Bantam.

Doctor Who Tomorrow
     The family caught a trailer for the show tomorrow, at 9:00.  Great! enthused Conrad, who likes the Doctor above all reason.  Poo! pronounced Darling Daughter - "We'll be at the pub quiz!"
     Ah yes.
     Oh well, there's always I-Player.
Erm.  Answers on a postcard, please ...
Look at 'em!  Bleedin' tourists from Skaro!
Okayyyyy - that hex-and-counter set of rules, the zombie novel and ECW* game aren't going to arrange themselves.  Off goes Conrad!

*English Civil War.  Pay attention, there'll be a quiz later.




No comments:

Post a Comment