Search This Blog

Sunday 24 November 2013

An Earlier Than Usual Blog

36 Visitors Yesterday
     It may not be much to you, but if the figures get above 10, why then Conrad feels validated.  No actual followers (yet!) but at least people are reading.  Since this may have been due to an early posting yesterday, in a cunning near-Machiavellian decision Conrad decided to - post early today!

 I Immediately Ran Into A Problem
     Whilst I can knock up some drivel in a matter of minutes, it simply won't do for my dear readers, who deserve better than an unctuous bit of doggerel, a bad pun and a silly caption on a photo.

   <Mr Hand points out that is BOOJUM!'s normal mode of operation.  He gets a slap>

So I created a list.  One of life's truisms:  when in doubt, make a list.  It convinces other people that you're planning and plotting and are going to wrestle that problem into a pretzel, even if you're really making out a list of groceries.
Or something a little more ambitious than groceries ...
 Logic Puzzles
     As devoted readers of BOOJUM! know, Conrad is a pain in the arse about these, constantly gloating about how well he's done today, how many he's solved, how hard they were yet how brilliant he is - the usual stuff apprentice world-dictators vent on a daily basis.  However, he had an extra-specially hard time with a couple of recent puzzles BECAUSE THE CLUES WERE WRONG!
     Don't just take my word for it, see - see!


Hard evidence the CSI way
Look at Wilf, up in the top right-hand corner.  Plainly he's north-east of the Red Lion.  What does the clue say?  "Wilf's hostelry is north east of the White Horse".  Well it's not!  IT IS NOT! NOT NOT NOT!
     Ahem.  Let me adjust my hair and take a few deep breaths.  I can't break cover and liquidate those responsible - yet.

Solo Wargaming
     I shall keep this brief, in the interests of not de-interesting you, gentle reader.  Yes, I have finally begun my ECW game.
     I immediately ran into a problem.  The supposed opposing players (plural) have to bid against each other to see who goes first, because going first allows you more options, and there are consequences if you bid lots of points, because you have to move or fire with what's left.  Bid big, go first, but move only one unit.
     Resolution?  No - not splitting the two halves of my brain to operate as independent entities*!  Random die rolling to simulate the effects of choice, except my logical side (Conrad may have mentioned this once or twice already) doesn't like randomness.  If there were two players they'd be making intelligent choices, not leaving things to unpredictable die rolls.
     Oh, and a picture as proof:
War-gaming and watching James Bond.  How manly!
Ice-Cream
     Lovely home-made ice-cream, part of Conrad's breakfast of champions (after his stale bread dipped in a cup of hot Marmite).  Tonight I will be making Blueberry ice-cream.  Frozen blueberries, which are a lot cheaper than the fresh variety.  Strangely, not everyone else in the house is eating my delicious home-made ice-cream.  Must be the flavours, eh?


Cakes
     It wouldn't be a blog post without something bakey-cakey appearing, would it?  The stuff I took in on Friday disappeared by 10:20, unfortunately for Chris, who came over bright-eyed, only to be turned away disappointed.  How sad his little face was!  Conrad managed a convincing impersonation of human guilt and will take a sample Monkey Bar in on Monday.  Then I have been asked to make a Carrot Cake by Abi, loaf-shaped if possible.
     Finally!  A colleague who understands she can ask for cake!  Epiphany has arrived!
 - and here it is at Platform 2
 * You know, I may have something here.  Where's that surgical instrument set?









No comments:

Post a Comment