Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Project Damnation Day 1,034

Okay, I exaggerate.  Day 1,033.  No!  Actually Project Damnation, which definitely moved me out of my comfort zone, began in March this year with the stripping of aged wallpaper in my Upstairs Lair.  This then revealed acres of perished plaster, much of which had only been held together because of the wallpaper.
     Enter Roy.  I've mentioned Roy before.  He's over 60, half my size and has a work-rate that embarrasses me.  Anyway, we needed Roy to do the plasterwork, and had to wait until August for him to be available.  He did the deed, then recommended that we seal the new plaster.
     So tonight I finished sanding down the rough edges, brushing and finally painting on the sealant.
Look closely and you can see the drips left by sealant.
Next stage is the actual painting, so this ought to be the last time I bore you with my naked walls.

By the way, Project Damnation is not to be confused with Project Apocalypse, which was the refurbishment of our kitchen, requiring all the kitchen equipment to be re-located - mostly to my Upstairs Lair - and tangentially The Great Book Cull*.

The Mars Volta
     Since Saturday I have been listening to these champions of prog-metal's "Nocturniquet" album and there is some corking stuff on it.  Okay, I am now officially Rather Cross that they broke up earlier this year.  I mentioned this to Ian, a work colleague who sings in a band, and he'd been to see their guitarists new band, Bosnian Rainbows**, who are apparently a bit poppier than TVM, very good live, less effective on CD.  I suppose I shall have to Grooveshark and Youtube to decide if I like them or not.


It's a rainbow, and the language is Slavic - it might be Bosnian!

  
The Doctor is in.
     Oh is he ever!
     For decades the higher ranks at the BBC seemed embarrassed of Doctor Who's success.  They tended to keep it at arm's length, with a pointy stick, whilst wearing an expression of mild disgust.
     Not any more.  I suspect, although I cannot prove it, that the reason is the current generation of movers and shakers at Aunty Beeb are those who grew up watching the Doctor.  I add this link as a modicum of evidence:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24038234

Type 87 TARDIS:  sat-nav not supplied
*Don't worry, gentle reader, I've been replacing them since I got a job again.  In fact ehre are four waiting to be added to the Word list over there ...
** Where do they get these names from?
What ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment