Search This Blog

Sunday 15 September 2013

After The Rain*

To quote The Comsat Angels, my favouritest band ever, "The Sun will shine again" and indeed it has done this evening.  The rest of today has been as soggy a September as you might ever wish for.  Conrad can tell if it's especially damp because Oldham Edge vanishes into a grey murk, viewed from our kitchen window.

Coincidence?  I think not!
     Yesterday I posted about the Vickers 6 Ton Tank. Today I pick up my "Justice League of America" trade paperback and what does Conrad see?  A Vickers 6 ton getting roasted.

Thermal eye beams.  Not your most common anti-tank weapon.
Hello Great Britain!
     For the first time ever I have some UK readers.  Welcome to BOOJUM!  No, come back, I promise to be interesting!  Look - here's my funny face - hang on, here's some Lemony Olive Oil Banana Cake -

The glaze was a bit gritty; next time I use Demerara sugar
Mister Hand also says hello.

Handsome devil, isn't he?
Don't worry, he rarely gets featured here.  Can't have him getting above himself.

Star Trek
     I like to go back and watch episodes fondly remembered from my childhood - for Conrad is awesomely ancient - and see how they measure up.  Just watched "Arena", just about to watch "The Doomsday Machine", both the remastered versions and have to say I like them- yah boo sucks to the purists.

But now I must make haste, for the Badger Parade is in but half an hour!  Also I have some beefburgers and chorizo chowder to scoff.

Adieu!

* Yes, a song title, by the very excellent Comsat Angels, from their "Fiction" album.

No comments:

Post a Comment