Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Five to Nine

 - And Nine to Five; No-One Here Gets Out Alive*
     Yes, a song lyric that popped into my head whilst thinking of tonight's BOOJUM! post.

Beyoncé - who is she?
     Sticking with the musical theme, I've heard this name as it permeates the media environment, but confess - I've no idea what she looks like, what she is or what she does.  This provoked fervid squeals from the ladies I work with.  From their disbelieving responses I gather she is something to do with pop music, which explains why she has flown under the Conrad radar system for, lo, these many years.  "Google her!" insisted the ladies.
     Nah.  CBA**.

Yeah - But!
     I've been baking muffins tonight.  Muffins answer one or two of my baking criteria - they are quick to create and require a short baking time.  Because, work colleagues who may be reading this, I do have other hobbies and a home life.
     Anyway.  These were Mixed Berry Muffins from the Hummingbird Bakery recipe book, and unusually didn't require any unusual ingredients or unusual assembly process.  Since we have to present Certain Things to a Certain Colleague with the theme of "Pink", I thought I'd colour my muffin batter with a summer fruit puree.
     Whoops.  The batter turned a shade of Mid-1960's Industrial Concrete.  As grey as John Major.  Ah well the summer fruit berries in it made up the colour palette a little.
     Also, they smell really, really nice!

*The Doors, if you care to know
** Cannot Be Arsed.  English vernacular for "Too La

No comments:

Post a Comment