Search This Blog

Sunday 22 January 2017

Teetotal Tea Total

Ha!  Do You See - Oh You Do
Conrad normally drinks tea for England at the weekend, and all the more so when he is on one of his periodic Sober Month gigs, as with January this year AD 2017.  I may have mentioned this once or twice already.  No need for applause, silent awe will do quite nicely instead, ta very much.
     Art, can we have a picture of my teapot?

     Thanks.  This particular pot holds a litre when full, which Conrad will refer to from now on as 2.25 pints*.  Since there is a leak at the handle gasket, I can only fill it to the 2 pint level.  Plus I find that by the time I've consumed two very large cups of tea the residue in the bottom of the pot is both stewed and tepid. So I often drink less than the nominal 2 pints per pot and (hangs head in shame) do not always manage a gallon of tea over the weekend.  That's eight pints for you benighted unfortunates out there who don't know the Imperial system.
Image result for galleon
Close enough
     Well, this weekend I managed 5 of the above teapots, meaning even with a deduction for tepid tar at the pot-bottom I hit the gallon mark!
     My kidneys, bladder and liver are all considerably less excited than I am, the ungrateful internal wretches.  I would point out that this is wonderful healthy tea absent milk or sugar, not evil carbonated alcoholic swill.
     Now that the dreadful title pun has been explained, let us move on, to -

Diabetes Here We Come! - Reprise
If you are a regular reader of BOOJUM! or you know Conrad personally, then you know he is essentially a six-foot* walking sweet tooth.  As I type this I am alternately eating Moam Stripes, Liquorice Toffees and Dark Mint Creams.  This is after the Cream Cake Challenge I set myself earlier today.  Art, the initial evidence, please.
A little the worse for wear
     This is two days after the Best Buy date has gone, but you know your humble scribe - Best Buy dates are a challenge, not a warning!  I nevertheless set myself a target of guzzling this puppy before close of business Sunday, otherwise it might get dried out and become less palatable.
     Progress report late afternoon:
Hmmm.  I don't remember eating that much ...
     Obviously the house-imps have developed a taste for aging Strawberry Gateau, since I don't think either Edna nor Jenny could manage those impeccable straight lines.  With a shrug I set to -
All gone
     The Challenge complete!  Kidneys, liver and bladder not available for comment, stomach states "business as usual".

We're On A Roll
It may come as news to you, but Easter is approaching.  If you have eyes to see then the amount of chocolate objects shaped like an egg present in retail outlets ought to have alerted you to the fact.  Further to this, at Avenham Park in Preston the Easter occupation of Egg-Rolling takes place soon.  In fact I shall shortly have to go down to the kitchen to peel three eggs I boiled earlier.
     "Where is all this leading, Great British Gourmand?" I hear you query.
     Pausing only to warn you that "Gourmand" is not a compliment, I shall - actually, let Art put in some work.  Art?  Put that coal down!
Secret?  Pshaw!
     What secret?  You boil or scramble them and eat them.  That's all there is to it.  In all the decades Conrad has been eating eggs or using them in baking he's only ever come across two that were bad.

One For The Geeks
Or "The Well-informed On Artistic Matters" if you prefer.  Please find below a splendid vehicle for containing and consuming what today's blog began with.  Art?
Apologies for the eggs re-appearing
     Pretty obviously this product is from Studio Ghibli, those masters of animation who wee on Disney from a great height.  This is not my opinion, it's a cold hard fact.
     So, what films are represented?  I shall allow you the generous total of five seconds to answer, to ensure you don't try to Google them.
     Give up?  Of course you do, you're simply outclassed.  From right to left, because that's how I feel like doing it, we have "Howl's Moving Castle**", "My Neighbour Totoro", "Spirited Away***" and "Princess Mononoke".  You're welcome!



*  As repeatedly pointed out, we avoid that Metric nonsense wherever possible.
**  Almost as good as "Spirited Away".  Almost!
***  Best animated film ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment