Search This Blog

Saturday 27 August 2016

A Day Late and £0.76 Short

What?  You Expected Dollars?
That whistling noise is my Boomerang Of Hurt, headed right for your head.  This is BOOJUM! where we resort to Imperial metrics whenever possible, although I will admit that (at current exchange rates) £0.76 is in fact a dollar.
Image result for dollar
An example of South Canadian lucre
     My title refers to not posting anything new yesterday due to time, space and relative dimensions bus timetables.  In fact I could have posted except it wouldn't have gone up until 10 p.m. and I felt like a bit of "me" time.
     So, not only do I have the notes from Friday, there's leftovers from Thursday, too, which means today is going to be a settling of accounts.  Firstly we have the apologia about the following, because it's about Thursday's 

Pub Quiz
To quote the note: Ah yes.  This may be.  Or not.  If it is then I anticipate doing better than last week as we shall have Phil - good for sports - and Rosie - good for television and British geography.  Last week we had 8 questions out of 40 on sport and could only answer one:  "Bobsleigh".


Yesterday Morning
(Please treat all references as applying to Friday, as this is being posted on Saturday)
     As you know by now (or should do if you were taking notes) Conrad has the literary ability to compose a major screed on the smallest of subjects - adding a full stop to the end of a sentence, for example.
     "Verbosity!" I hear you say*.
     Raw creative talent, is my riposte.  When you have unlimited time then there's no pressure; working against the clock, on the other hand, sorts out the wolves from the bouffant French poodles.
Image result for zombie poodle
 - some poodles being scarier than others ...
     As this morning.
     At 6:35 I decided there wouldn't be time to do a proper BOOJUM! tonight, given scheduling:  arrive home, 7:15 at the earliest, do the weekly shop, put it away**, by which time it's 8:45, have a crust of bread and a sip of water, and it's 9:00 p.m., to all of which add an hour if I miss the 6:20 p.m. bus.
     Thus a race against time ensues, to create that old fallback, the 2013/2014/2015 links post, three posts out of 1372.  Don't forget I still have to have a shave and shower after this, then get dressed, pack bag and hare myself hence to the bus stop.
     Done!
     Posted on Facebook and Twitter.  Then, off to wash away the accumulated grime of Thursday from my aged bones (not literally, I just didn't want to generate an image you couldn't unsee).
Image result for dirt washed away down drain
Thus
     Check traffic figures.  There is a hardcore of people, numbering about six, who can be counted on to read BOOJUM! at 6:45 a.m. - but what's this?  24 hits?  On an essentially historic post with no new content.  Hmmmm.  Your humble scribe slightly perturbed.

First Bus
On both Thursday and Friday the 24 came on time, and was a double-decker, and came absent The Metro both mornings.  Then, getting off the bus on the way home, Conrad noticed some compassionate soul had left a copy of the Metro for Thursday.  So, Friday morning First Bus, this is for you!  Art?
Ha!  Mocked you, First
     In fact I acquired a second copy, which is helpful as I think I might have boobooed on the Cryptic Crossword, so I can start again.
     I wonder - should I perhaps actually - really pushing the envelope here - read it?

How Long Will This Take To Fix?
As you should know by now, Conrad takes a peculiar and enduring interest in the Electric Goldfish Bowl's atrium lighting.  To be more specific, when it fails.  Whenever a bulb on the fifth floor burns out, it takes a geological age for it to be replaced.  So this is a bit of a doozy - Art?

     TWO bulbs gone!
     I can see the heat death of the universe approaching before these get replaced.






*  I'll get you later, when you're not expecting it.
**  Onerous yet it means what I've bought remains secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment