How Do You Like That Title, I Made It Up All By Myself
It's an adaptation of 'The bottom line' which is what South Canadian management slaver about and consider the be-all and end-all of human existence. Your view may vary.
ANYWAY before we get any further, I would like to introduce you to the Medieval English 'Wose' (the shortened form of 'Woodwose') the plural of which I am ordering to be 'Woses'. Art!
| WOSES |
That's SESOW after eight years with ESSO - er - yes - having worked his way up from Junior Developer, designing systems along the way that saved them millions, as well as having several patents with the business. RED HERRING AHOY! don't worry about the patents, they don't recur.
Who else got a bonus? Why the senior staff, awarded on an annual basis if they hit their KPIs, as SESOW had done, and whom looked to be getting $25,000 later in the year, as long as they were still gainfully employed.
"We are making organisational changes, and I've been asked to evaluate the cost structure, especially in engineering," quoth BB, none of which was true, as the reasons for being fired.
| Great big ones, too |
Tellingly, CEO, in his panicked state, admits that the Board knew nothing about SESOW's contractual details. Which is ESSO's - yeah - well - problem, not SESOW's.
| You'll see |
The business reviewed everyone's contracts to ensure there were no more financial booby-traps a-waiting, better late than never I suppose.
Lawsuit, that is. I refer, of course - obviously! - to Fat Caligula's $10 billion lawsuit against the BBC, which has now dropped the economic part completely, since it meant King Piggy would need to permit the Beeb's attorneys access to all his financial details. Can't have that! Art?
Enter Richard Cooper, BBC Director of Digital Distribution, brought a set of data that rather undercut's DJ Tango's allegations that his reputation was harmed by the 'Panorama' program. For one thing, it was never shown on South Canadian television. Therefore, anyone being influenced would have had to stream it.
570,000 people streamed it. O that's a lot! I hear you quaver.
Yes, except only 285 of those were South Canadian.
Only 35 were in Florida.
The figures are for the whole of 2024, not the week leading up to the election.
So, as many as 6 people may have seen it in that week pre-election, or 0.6 people in Florida.
I am not an attorney but I don't think this case is going to yield more than a few cents for BOOH. Art!
Cheapo Lipton Alternative Is A Go
You will have seen bottles of the Lipton's 'Iced Tea' carbonated swill for sale in shops, and jolly pricey it is too. Art!
£2.20 for a bottle. Conrad likes it, though not that much. So, what does an inventive yet penny-pinching eldster do? Art!
He gets a bottle of the cheapest lemonade going at Lidl, for all of £0.50, empties out a few inches, sticks a funnel in the top and pours in a heaped tablespoon of loose leaf tea. Leave for a couple of hours and voila, tea-flavoured lemonade, quite distinctive in nature. Nil alcohol content thanks to the Summer of Sober (Day 78 so far).
No, For Obvious Reasons
The news algorithm is throwing up wobblers again. Art!
No. No, it is not. Conrad lives in This Sceptred Isle, with a whole ocean between South Canada and I. Besides which, our codes are 'Post Codes', which I deal with many times daily in my work routine and which are far better-named.
Also, if you left a vehicle registration plate at the side of the road in Texas, by morning it would have been riddled with gunfire. Beer and guns, a winning combination where nothing can possibly go wrong.
Finally -
Conrad is now onto Episode 8 of 'Falling Skies' and has to confess I didn't recognise Noah Wyle absent the filthy furry face fungus. Art!
Conrad, being a pedant of the very worst, or best, <delete where applicable> kind, wondered how long it took him to grow the beard and 'tache back for subsequent episodes? Enquiring minds would like to know.

No comments:
Post a Comment