Indeed It Is
Not the way you were expecting, mind, as that's a quote from the classic horror film 'Night Of The Demon', said during a seance and also sampled for a Kate Bush - how very appropriate! - song if I recall despite old age and gin. Art!
Apologies for omitting the exclamation mark but we can't have unseemly levels of emotion here, the blog is British after all.
ANYWAY I thought I'd begin with a few mythical trees, just to whet your appetite for dendrochronology, which is the study of trees, I think, go look it up if you doubt. Firstly we introduce the Pink Bunkadoo, and if Art will put down his bowl of anthracite and milk -
It's distinctive characteristics are that it is 600 PROUD IMPERIAL FEET high, bright pink in colouration and stinks to high heaven. The latter two facts being why it never caught on with arborists. Art!
There's a lot going on here, so let Conrad explicate. This tree is 'Yggdrasil', from Norse mythology, which forms the foundation for the 'Nine Worlds', clearly long before Pluto was removed from planetary status and moved instead to planetismal, wh
ANYWAY, Yggdrasil. Big tree. Bigger than the Solar System, meaning the Norse might have puzzled where it was in the heavens. Art!
In the background here is 'Egig Ero Far', which you will all recognise as Magyar for 'The Tree That Reached The Sky', the Hungarian equivalent of Yggdrasil, except they were a little more elegant and only had three levels: the roots, which were in the underworld; the trunk, which was the mortal world Hom. Sap. gambolled in; the crown, or celestial regions.
ANYWAY AGAIN now that we've got the beginning of the Intro out of the way, and determined that it's all about trees, allow me to pick up on the TREE LAW case that we addressed yesteryon, the DeFranco Deforestation Devastation. Not to prejudice you the audience. Art!
What you see is the 'After' shot after the bad doctor neighbour Leo Eliezer had a tree company cut down 178 trees. Here the plot congeals a tad. He claims that his engineer gave the DeFrancos plans of the grading and clearing that was to be carried out, which were approved. 'Approved' by whom is not clear; both homes are part of a Home Owners Association, which says the changes were NOT authorised and the tree-felling ought never to have happened as it breached HOA contractual compliance. Oooops. I bet you never saw that coming: an HOA acting in a positive manner. The Bad Doctor - take that, Eliezer, you've been capitalised! - also claims that the DeFrancos signed off on the changes and he has proof of same. Art!
Devin Stone, the 'Legal Eagle'
Both Conrad and Devin find this hard to swallow. Signing away almost 200 trees that formed the privacy barrier you were verrrrry invested in? It does not seem likely. Conrad isn't sure if the discovery process has begun yet; when it does, this document needs to make an appearance. Linz DeFranco mentioned that the Bad Doctor had sent them documents about the upcoming changes; neither of the DeFs had signed them, and informing a party of upcoming plans does not imply consent.
Devin, technical lawyer head firmly in place, then looks at Georgia's 'Self-Help' rules. Which need to determine how intrusive the trees were and how much they encroached on Eliezer's property, DESPITE which said rules - usually applied to overhanging branches or intruding roots - do not give carte blanche to trespass and fell trees. Art!
Do I need to add 'Before'?
Devin also mentions 'Conversion', a legal term completely different from 'Trespass', where a person gains profit from illegal possession of another's property. In this case it's all the felled lumber - where did it go, since it certainly wasn't left on site? The Bad Doctor is going to have to explain this. Art!
Devin also uncovered legal details about Georgia's 'Wrongful Cutting Statute' statutes that might prove worrying in a future trial, as they include the x3 multiplier that other states use in Tree law cases. Then there's the 'Timber Self Help Statute', which is another law including the x3 multiplier, and which might also mulct the Bad Doctor for trespassing charges, too. Yes, he can be charged with trespass even if he never crossed the neighbour's boundary line IF he authorised the tree-cutting crew to carry out trespass. Art!
Another wrinkle - the tree-cutting company might also be held as having behaved 'Wilfully' in legal parlance, especially if they knew the trees were on a neighbour's property, not the contracting party, and any felling needed permission from the DeFrancos.
Wowsers, a lot of legal detail to contend with, all thanks to the neighbour being an entitled bottomhole, who seemed more inclined to ask for forgiveness than permission.
I think we can call a halt here, as there is yet ANOTHER Tree Law case to come, this one about a Japanese Maple. I bet you can hardly wait.
Being All Literary And Shizzle
Conrad cannot possibly lay claim to any intellectual status, thanks to his love of zombie films and superhero comics. I might be able to fudge it a bit, though, thanks to having read a few works defined as 'classics', as in - Art!
Conrad has read 'The Odyssey', many decades ago. The thing I took away from it was the last third, which consists of Odysseus' plotting and planning his revenge, then executing it, and I mean 'executing' in the literal sense. Art!
No, I haven't read it, but I think I have a knock-off version of it in the Book Mountain. Art!
Aware of, not read.
Proof I am not the closet intellect you might suspect.
More Bad News For BOOH
There's quite a bit, so let me focus. You may not recall that E Jean Caroll won her case against King Piggy several years ago, as it's several years ago. He has spent the intervening years in trying to kick the can down the road and avoid paying up, by appealing endlessly - well, 13 times - in the hope that something will stop the payment process.
Alas no. Art!
Original verdict May 2023
His case was finally referred to the Supreme Court, the final final final court in South Canada, who unanimously rejected it, 9-0. Done. Dead. Kaput. Nul.
What will be interesting now is seeing how Fat Caligula will react to this verdict. He will, of course, rant and tant about it, blathering about how unfair it all is, how much gold there is in the White House, how hot Natalie is - SORRY Melania, I meant Melania. His brain is likely to implode a little when he realises he LOST. Conrad suspects there will be a refusal to pay until legally forced to do so, because Don Snoreleone has long had his funds tied up - legally, 'encumbered' - in property, rather than being liquid and available.
Yes, Donold, look askance.
Bring on the buckets of popcorn!
The Beauty Of Bruce
Pennington, that is. I hope you appreciate all the artwork we're putting up here, and the hours that Brucie put into his creations. Art!
Note the 'Title gap' at the top of the picture. I seem to recall that this is a book cover I've seen on the shelves, probably a 'Dune' variant. Ol' Brucie likes his flying craft in multiples receding into the distance, doesn't he? Not sure the FAA would approve of a flight pattern like that. Art!
Close if absent cigar. Deffo looks like a Guild Heighliner to me.
Images courtesy of the 'Sci-Fi Art' Youtube channel.
Actually, reading a couple of blurbs about 'Equator', I may have read it fifty or so years ago.
Finally -
I'm currently annotating a Youtube channel called 'How Not To Die' and their vlog 'Everything Zombie Movies Get Wrong About Survival', because you'd better believe Conrad will have his own input. For instance:'Norway, the land designed to be zombie-proof' with more to come. I bet you can hardly wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment