Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Watch out! This banana is loaded!

Didn't The Telegoons Use Banana Guns?
     Apologies for going back to the Sixties, gentle reader.  Conrad grew up with the Telegoons

Eccles and Bluebottle.  In colour, unlike the television programme
 Ah yes.  Spike, Harry and Peter.  In the last year of my primary school I watched The Last Goon Show, utterly bemused and not making a lot of sense out of it.  This has been indicative of my approach to life ever since.
     Still!  I did enjoy that book of Goon Show scripts I got as a  Christmas present.

Oxymoron
     Which sounds like a hair product.  It isn't - you have been suitably illuminated in a past blog about what it is - a contradiction in terms.
     How's this for Oxymoron ("The conditioner that hoovers your hair!"):


E Bi.
The last time Sally (a.k.a. Darling Daughter) had gum in her hair, I had to get it out with peanut butter.

Odds Teeth!
     I am verrrry slowly progressing with my English Civil War game.  We are now into the latter part of Turn 4 and the Royalist cavalry have just given the Parliamentarian cavalry a bit of a shoeing, viz:
Terrifying stuff, eh?
Yes, really - that's the cavalry at centre screen.  The textile base is a bit ridged because Conrad, being ungainly and clumsy, keeps bumping into the tables (there are two) and has already trodden one cart apart.  I'm not sure how the rules can reflect this.
     How can Conrad manage to play against himself, I hear you ask.  Simple.  He plays against Mr Hand - you remember him -

Mister Hand in a good mood

Finally, and regretfully without a picture to show it, Conrad being an early bird witnessed a splendid and atmospheric sunrise over Manchester, a city softened by a misty haze.  It quite warmed the battery units of his fusion-powered pacemaker.  There may be an opportunity to take a photo tomorrow.

Right!  Back to the ECW!



No comments:

Post a Comment