Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Decision, Decisions

What's A Human To Do?
     During my drive home to and from work I tend to mull things over.  I can think and drive at the same time, you see.  This morning I was pondering what to put in the blog.  I even canvassed Darling Daughter.

Sally ready for some "mindless self indulgence".  A pop group, apparently.

     'Most people who write blogs post about what happened in their day,' she advised.
     No!  People do not want to hear about deadlines and targets and Service Level Agreements and where all the teaspoons went*.
     Instead we have -

"Inchoate"
     As part of the rounded induction that BOOJUM! offers all readers, let us examine this word.
     Obviously it refers to a tribe of Amazonian Indians, who inhabit the upper headwaters of that mighty river, and who subsist on a diet of fish and monkeys.  Oh, and yams**.
     What's that?  It's not?  It means "rudimentary" or "a process only just begun".  Bah!
What Inchoate ought to be ...
What Cake To Make?
     Another critical decision that needs making.  On Friday I shall be going to the Christmas dinner at Pizza Express, so I shall need to do the shopping tomorrow before the Pub Quiz, so I have to bake tonight.
     I have decided that the recipe will be - Bannoffee Whoopee Pies. 
     No, I have no idea why they're called "Pies", as they are two pieces of cake held together with creamy filling.  Nor do I know where the "Whoopee" comes in - oh no actually I do - that will be the ganterpies at work spotting them and hovering like helicopter gunships.
Positively gleeful!
 And on that note Conrad needs to get going.

* Yes, they all vanished.  Again.
**  Just testing.  There was only one asterisk.




No comments:

Post a Comment