Search This Blog

Thursday 12 December 2013

26 minutes and counting ...

Yes!  A Late Start Indeed
     I was on a late shift tonight, thus only got home at 7:10, and then had to whip up (literally!) a batch of frosting for yesterday's Christmas Cupcakes, then apply it, then smooth it down a bit, then add decorative sprinkles.
     "Pictures, or it didn't happen!" I hear you chorus.  Very well then - the evidence!
O thou unbeliever.
This went much slower than it ought, because of a bit of a - okay, a middling-sized boo-boo by Conrad.  I only made up half the amount of frosting because every other recipe from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook always, always - did I mention "always"? - makes too much icing, frosting, cream or ganache.  Not tonight!  I had to measure out each bit of frosting on my electronic scales to the value of 18.75 grammes to ensure the frosting went far enough.


A Christmas Theme At Work Tomorrow
     I don't possess any "Christmassy" clothing.  The quartermaster who kits out us alien infiltrators couldn't get either cranial hemisphere around the concept of Christmas, so all I have to wear are indie rock-band tee-shirts or Marks and Spencer pullovers.
     Hence the need to improvise for work tomorrow.
     Gaze upon my works -
Who ate all the (mince) pies?  That double-chin gives the game away.
Just makes you want to burst out with - tears?  fright?  hysterical laughter? 
     Of course, you can't hear the literal crowning glory.  This hat plays music.

We're now down to 6 minutes.  Shut up and drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment