Search This Blog

Thursday 5 December 2013

Hasty But Tasty

The Baking, That Is, Not Conrad Himself ...
     I have to be quick to create tonight's blog before it becomes tomorrow.
     Last week I didn't manage to do a blog on Thursday because I'd done the shopping, there was baking to finish, then the pub quiz.  Tonight I also had the shopping to contend with, and some baking ends to tie up, and the pub quiz, but since I drank 69 cans of Red Bull today, I have energy to spare!
Bannoffee Whoopee Pies


There you have them, nine of the little rascals, straight from the Hummingbird Bakery Book.  There would have been ten, but someone - someone! - ate one.    

Secret Santa
     This ties in with the above.  I got my Hummingbird Bakery book as a secret santa present last year, and jolly splendid it's been.  Tomorrow we have 2013's secret santa, and I have no idea whom I'm buying a present for.  In fact I claim not to remember even being present when names were drawn out of a hat.

<checks wallet>

Nope.  There's my Western Front Association card, some Tesco vouchers and my USDAW union card, and a piece of paper with "France" on.
     Oh well, ingenuity will find a way ...


More of Laser-Armed Cats
     The guard hog and hard hog are not all that protects BOOJUM!s luxuriously-appointed mansion.  Yes, we have the gigantic mutant messenger mice, who are currently on a sabbatical, and occasional wolf-packs too, but the permanent protective presence are Felis Mortalis, cyborg hunting cats with lasers for eyes.  Here's one zapping a late autumn fly -
Cat 1  Fly 0
We tend to discourage this and use Raid instead, because the smell of roast fly!

Laser eyes removed for maintenance
Righto, time for bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment