Search This Blog

Monday 16 December 2013

Bad Heavens

Nothing To Do With Religion -
     Just rain.  Emerging into the chilly darkness of a leaden Monday morning, we had the worst of all possible weathers - cold, rainy, windy and wet.  Not cold enough for snow, just cold enough and wet enough to score 11 on the 10 point Misery Scale.  Luckily it had stopped by the time our mobile murder-machine reached the car park or Conrad could have swum to the office.
     Bah!  It's mid-December - when do we get the blue skies and sub-zero temperatures?
Conrad's phrase is "Uniform Grey Layer". 
How Dare You*!
     Young Tristan took the seat next to mine today.  Outrageous!  Doesn't he know that Conrad has the seating arrangements just so?  I shall be writing to my MP about this, don't you worry, with a specially-created Facebook page too, about seat-stealing Pattersons, and an hourly-updated Twitter account as well, not to mention graffiti scribbled in the gent's toilets, oh yes -
     Sorry, where was I?  I'm a dangerous man to cross, you know -

Ironmongery
     One of my work accoutrements is a small serrated knife from Ikea, that keeps a wonderfully sharp blade.  Dead handy for slicing up stale bread, persimmons, banana skin, gherkins, etcetera.  The problem is, I always put it in my shirt pocket - and then, because it's out of eyesight, I forget about it.  It's still in full view of everyone else and many is the time I've been scolded.
     "That's so dangerous!" ad nauseum.  Here's a 1K word-saver:
Honestly, this angle makes it look like a sword. It's really small.
I've not perforated my hide with it yet in a year and a half.  Still, I ought to remember to remove it, for the sake of my colleagues.

Tea!  Noble Tea!
     The default drink for Conrad at BOOJUM! mansions is, of course, loose-leaf Darjeeling, Twining's by preference.  Supplies of this had shrunk to such an extent that Conrad was contemplating having to drink English Breakfast or Assam, or some untitled stuff found in a jar.  Suddenly!  Wonder Wife came to the rescue with Russian Caravan Tea**.
All for £1.95.  Whoopee!  Conrad is officially pleased.
That's the tea choice for a good few months decided.

Well, I have a Yorkshire Brack baking in the oven, so I shall have to go babysit it.  Toodle-ooh!

*  Another Album title, and no! I shan't tell you who it is tonight.
** I mentioned this last night.  You read yesterdays blog, right?

Tomorrow:  Audubon's Book Of North American Curds













No comments:

Post a Comment