Search This Blog

Sunday 1 December 2013

Hipster Conrad

For So I Have Been Dubbed By Darling Daughter
     In support of which I give you Conrad, wearing the world's trendiest and warmest cardigan, listening to Eels, The Mars Volta and Deerhunter.  Impeccable credentials, are they not?
     I'm also eating a roll with haslet, but we'll gloss over that ...

Haslet.  Not quite rock 'n' roll enough, is it?
The Leisure Load Increases
     I can listen to my CDs easily enough whilst carrying out another task, but you really can only read a book whilst reading it, a tautological truism.  So once again with DVDs to watch - yes I still haven't finished watching "John Carter" - and com <ahem> graphic novels to get through, once again - oh yes plus a detective novel and another four books from my "Wants" list - where was I?
     I still say I'd have plenty to occupy myself even if I never slept and there were more hours in the day.  Don't forget this is all without watching any television, except those two Doctor Who programmes (see earlier Blogs for details) and avoiding playing any computer games.  I was a bugger for those back in the Nineties.
Ah, if only.

 The haslet rolls are now history.  Time for - Ice Cream!  Maybe not the Blueberry, which was rather sharp and less pleasant than expected.  So, allow a short pause here readers -

Whoops, that bowl of ice-cream looks awfully like a tin of Old Golden Hen.  Must be my eyes playing tricks on me.  Next!

From Book to Nook to Inglenook
     I was sitting here reading my book, waiting for inspiration to strike, before going to get the bee - ice-cream.  The ice-cream.  My eye fell upon the container my Nook had arrived in, and my mind immediately threw up the term "Inglenook".
     Thank you, mind.  I then had no choice but to find out what an "inglenook" is.  Apparently a small enclosure next to a fireplace, because what is an "ingle"?  A fireplace.  Not to be confused with a "dingle" which is a small copse or wooded area, as well as the sounds bells make, especially at this time of year when every UFO has a rack of carillons added.
An inglenook.  Obviously built before straight lines were invented.
And Finally -
     Having a bit of a rest from tanks, and since Anna may be reading, here's a Teddy bear.
Zombie Teddy Bear is still a Teddy, right?










No comments:

Post a Comment