Search This Blog

Saturday 5 October 2013

Today I Have Been Mostly - Logicking

Logic puzzles, damn them!
     I've managed to make a complete hash of one, and get another completely right today.  My average is now about 50/50 - either the puzzles are getting harder or Conrad's brain is in a trough.  Attempting to do them whilst falling asleep is definitely a no-no, too.
Brain not work tired.
Serendipity - it rhymes with "BOOJUM!"


Nine Day Wonder
     Today being the first of nine day's leave.  I have to use it up before April next year, and by March everyone will be trying to use their leave up, too, making it difficult to take.
     Any plans, you ask?  Well no.  Apart from having a lie-in every morning because I can, and frittering the day away doing logic puzzles because I can, and reading my tottering mountain of books bec - you get the gist of it.  At some point I shall have to paint The Hovel's third wall, and dab a little extra over the other two, but because time's not tight I don't have to schedule it.  I know this lacksadaisical attitude will annoy you, dear reader, you who expects efficiency in everything; well, up your kilt with a wee wire brush*!

Last Night's Tapping In The Cellar
     A big sigh of relief, the giant carnivorous moles hadn't returned.  No, this time it was land-travelling sharks.  They needed a baseline re-set for their GPS tunnelling system, which had been sent wonky by all the old mine-workings under Rochdale.  Nice chaps, but their smiles were rather frightening.  I did have the guard hog and the hard hog to back me up, the hard hog with his carpentry tools looking especially hard**.
' "Land-mobile sharks"?  What a ridiculous concept!'

Nook
     I've started reading "The Lost Worlds of 2001", a screed by that doyen of science-fiction, Arthur C. Clarke.  A very interesting look into the creative process at work in manufacturing a film and a novel simultaneously.  I must dust off my plans for a screenplay of "The Kraken Wakes", which has been sitting <thinks?  where is it?> around for almost as long as the hex-and-counter wargame, but for less time than the zombie novel.
Cover artwork by Bruce Pennington - I bloody love his work.

Book
     There's another seven mil. hist. books to be added to my long list of books already gotten hold of.  I should have typed them up last night, but do you know what?  I'm on leave, so (rude gesture) to "should"!

So - Tanks?
     Well yes.  On Monday, when you swan off to work in your air-conditioned saloon, consider the driver below:

Bit cramped, eh?  He's also sitting directly in front of the OPEN engine so he can't hear anything else.  The temperature will be swelteringly hot, and there's a lot of carbon monoxide fumes wafting about.  There isn't any road, only a terrain composed of mud and barbed wire.  On top of that, unkind people are shooting at him!

* A genuine saying of my grandma
** He was the stunt double in "Razorback" you know.

I have to go watch "The Dirty Dozen", so goodnight fellow Hom. Sap. !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment