Search This Blog

Saturday 12 October 2013

Much Of Books

Books Do Furnish A Room
     Oh yes they do!  I took delivery* of another five today and have whittled down the list of books that went into a skip during Operation Apocalypse to 57.  The number of Gots has thus risen to 450, which creates another problem.  The master list that I have details the title, author, publisher and date of each book and comes to 9 pages long.  Consequently I have a two-column version that only has the title, is in a smaller font and fits onto three pages, but this is now well out of date and I'll need to do another, copying from the master list.  This isn't mere whimsy, I need this list when out shopping so I don't duplicate anything.


The Old List.  Only listing a laughable 360 books.  Tish!
Nooks
     I have discovered that my Nook, the very antithesis of the article above, does not cope well if it's charge is low; much to my annoyance it misbehaved about a quarter of the way into "The Lost Worlds of 2001".  Shortly before pounding it to bits with a hammer**, I tried charging the battery - hey pesto, Basil!  Back to normal. 
Nook V2.1

Apothecary
     My word for today.  Impressive, is it not?  No, it is not an extinct species of camel.  No, it is not a Saxon swear word, and it has nothing to do with teeth; although you may feel free to exclaim "Apothecary!" the next time you cut yourself putting up the barbed wire.
     No, an apothecary filled the role now performed by the much-humbler named "chemist" - or pharmacist, which sounds more weighty.
"Keep bleeding him!  This black pudding needs more!"

A Quote for you
     "Monsters, John!  Monsters from the Id!"
     It's a science-fiction film and one of my favourites ever.  This narrows the field a bit, but <titter> I'm not going to tell you which one until tomorrow!  Maybe even Monday, I'm a bit cruel like that.
Conrad with his mask off.

* Hard hog had not eaten the postie, only his shoes.  Phew!
** Yes, still there on the desk





No comments:

Post a Comment