Search This Blog

Friday 11 October 2013

The clock is ticking!

11:45 and counting
     I've been occupied with other things today, like washing dishes, doing logic puzzles and venturing into the mean streets of Salford.  So, since I've only just got back from Pub Quiz, the window to post today's blog is small and narrowing all the time.

Yay!  Another milestone
     My views have topped 1,000.  IIRC, there were about 400 that dated back to when I first logged onto Blogger six or seven years ago, so circa 600 have come from my posts since starting BOOJUM!

Someone out there is reading this.  TVM*!

Those Mean Streets
     I used to work in central Salford up until a couple of years ago, so driving back there was a slightly displacing experience.  That old demolished church - replaced by a couple of houses.  The square brick-built pub - now sign-less and looking as if it's being lived in as a residence.  The barred smoking enclosure outside The Winston - not only still there, it now has a pool table in it, too.  Salford Market - bought out and being rebuilt as an Aldi.  St. Paul's massive trestle-table collection of books - roger that, still there, still a bargain even at 20p per book.  Conrad bought four.
     As ever, the Connexions office is female-loaded.  Eight ladies versus two men, and every lady is either pregnant or is a recent mother.  Well, it felt like that, anyway.  I explained to the new manager that I used to work at Connexions, I'm not just some random man who walked off the streets with a collection of cakes.
The old stamping grounds, behind the friendly electric fence ...

 
 
*Thanks Very Much!

No comments:

Post a Comment