Search This Blog

Sunday 27 October 2013

I Bake - But Not Of Cake

The Staff Of Life
     Bread, in other words.  For the first time in years, probably 4, I'm baking a loaf of bread.  This follows on from the Chelsea Buns, Muffins, Poppy Seed Roll and Monkey Bread.  Why the sudden concern with leavened goods?  Because I used to make them and re-discovered it's not that difficult.
     Having said that, I have managed to over-brown the bread by forgetting to turn it in the oven. Oh well, I'll know better next time.

Ten minutes later - make that "burnt" not the delicate euphemism "over-browned".  I should have been in the kitchen turning the tin every ten minutes and covering the whole with tinfoil well before 45 minutes were up.  After scraping the black away, it is still edible - I've just had two slices.
     Just hang on - I wouldn't do this for everyone -


A piebald loaf

 About that pumpkin -
     It was there on the windowledge, so -


Blender is there to give scale
 
Meanwhile, In A Nearby Glass ...
     Sat some of this:
Add caption
Wifey bought this for me as she was taken to the extremes of hilarity at the name.  For those of you who are not fluent in Yorkshire, this is dialect for "Shut your mouth".  And no, I don't know why there are monkeys on the label.

So - Tanks?
     Nope, not today.  Today we have - a Giant Whelk!
Trust me, it's huge.

Right! That zombie novel still needs working on.  Off I go




No comments:

Post a Comment