Search This Blog

Wednesday 11 July 2018

Lindy And The Chieftain

Yes, Yes, I Know -
It sounds like some fearful ITV sitcom from the Seventies, or an equally dire South Canadian buddy-cop drama.  Well, there is an element of sitcom, and South Canadian-ism about the subject matter, yet it is nothing to do with television - Oooh! oooh!  I know, it could be a Victor cartoon strip about a Chieftain tank that can talk to it's driver, except only he can hear it and all the hilarious scrapes they get into - what's that?  You think I'm barking mad?  Art?
Image result for the haunted tank
Take that, scoffers!
     The "Lindy" here is actually Lindybeige, who has his own Youtube channel that is worth checking out, and "The Chieftain" is Nick Moran, the very tall Irishman whom ditto.  I caught an interesting dual presentation of theirs on Youtube yesterday. Art?
Lindy to port, Nick to starboard
     The video is entitled "A poor tank, a useless tank and the worst tank in the world", and the poor tank is the one you see above, a Japanese Ha-Go light tank.  As you can tell, Nick would have tremendous trouble merely squeezing into the thing, and Lindy wouldn't have an easy time of it, either.  It was a poor design because it simply couldn't deal with anything heavier than a bicycle, and the tiny turret didn't allow for adding a bigger gun.  It was pretty nippy on the flat, though.
     Well, that's enough about tanks for today, I'll bring you up to speed on their other inspections later in the week.
     Okay, time to put the motley in the middle of a quarry whilst they set off the explosives!
Image result for evil carwash
Look out - the car wash has gone bad!

I Must Have A Beautiful Body
Or, at the very least, a tasty one.
     "Don't flatter yourself, you deluded old porker!" I hear you mutter.
     Hey now, some ladies like the <ahem> fuller figure, and I'm not talking about how I must look as opposed to how I taste.  The Coincidence Hydra, you see, has been at my nethers again, and again, and - you may be ahead of me here - again.
     Firstly, who was I banging on about yesterday but Judge Dredd, and the thrilling high jinks he and Henry Ford get up to versus the killer spider invasion.  Then what do I see in Brian M. Bendis' Twitter feed?  Art!
He is the law.
     Conrad does not remember BMB posting anything about Ol' Stoneyface before.  What are the chances of that happening I wonder?
     Anyway, convinced that the Universe is out to get me, do you recall which bands that hail from Seattle were mentioned in BOOJUM! yesterday?  Of course you do, and quite right, Pearl Jam were one of them.  Art?
There you are.
     I hesitate to ask what the chances of that happening are, because I fear the answer will be 100%.
     Causality had not finished with me yet.  Later that evening I was cruising Youtube for interesting videos, when yet another image hit home.  Yesterday I went on a short ramble about Seattle and included it's most famous landmark, the Steel Needle.  What counfounded my eyes on YT?  Art?
At this point, I was looking over my shoulder.
     So far nothing like this has happened today, but there is still time, there is still time.

Meanwhile -
Quickly, I need to slip this in here so that I can perpetuate horrid puns on Facebook when I get to pimp BOOJUM! later on.  Art?
Image result for tom hanks
Tom looked pensive, wondering what the heck he was doing on a blog like ths


Crimeworld
Back to contemplating crime lords and how they would run their planet.  We've looked at how society would change, as previously illegal acts and substances are first decriminalised and then made legal, and at how crimes like murder would be treated as capital with a quick trip to the gallows.
     The other best practice for your crime lords would be to offer what might be called "Bread and circuses" to keep the masses entertained.  Your humble scribe is not entirely sure what these might be <thinks> free entry to matches where they play the ballfoot game?
     That's a bit dull.  How about The Mean Arena, which is street football from the pages of 2000AD, where the only relationship with football is a ball?  Art?
Image result for the mean arena

     This was a great concept: the game was set in an urban area evacuated of residents, and two teams of armoured opponents had to get possession of the ball, then put it past the opposition's goalkeeper.  There was only one rule: you can't kill your opponents.*
     Anyway, another difference in a crimeworld would be people like Batman, or their alien equivalent.  Ol' Bats would be instantly classed as a terrorist, not merely a vigilante, because him doing his thing would disrupt the cashflow, which is about as bad a crime as they get.

Image result for criminal batman
Sorry, Bats.

Finally -
Because, again, I have to resort to eeeeevil punnery on Twitter to promote this arrant nonsense.  Art?


Image result for planksImage result for planks

                                                 PLANKS!

*  Not on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment