Search This Blog

Saturday 31 August 2013

BOOJUM! Bounces Back

Oh Yes
     As anyone with wit and eyes has noticed, BOOJUM! does not always post on a daily basis.  The failure to post yesterday is due to physical issues, rather than technical ones = to wit, the Hovel getting a plastering.
     Yes, look to my post of the 29th for confirmation of plastering being done.  Well, once the plaster has been slathered into place, what comes afterwards but the tidying up?  Hoovering, then dusting, then moving things about.  All this whilst watching "The Great British Bake-Off", besides.

Russia.  Back in the Frame
     I see from my Overview that citizens of Russia are dipping their toes into the scummy, opaque waters of BOOJUM!  Good for them!  I can hobble along reading Upper Case Russian, although the lower case alphabet is a mystery to me.  Now - and this may only appeal to Continental readers - how can you not like a nation that has produced Tchaikovsky and the Brothers Strugatsky?  Also "The Tale Of The Turnip" and "Gusliar Wonders"; the latter proof that what is funny in Russian is also funny in translation.  Trust me on this, O suspicious Western World!

Tomorrow
     I am apparently to partake in a "Car Boot Sale".  I'm not selling a single book, CD or DVD, although maybe up to 4 of my wargaming paste-tables will be there.  I have provided 24 Nieman-Marcus cookies, but I also suspect that regulations will prevent us selling them.  Okay, then, please place a "donation" of 50p in the pot after taking a cookie.  Recipe ingredients: butter, sugar, flour, chocolate chips, fudge chunks, coffee, vanilla - and love.  Can't put a price on love.
Unless it's Cupboard Love, in which case = 50p per cookie.
 
 Okay, off to listen to more Mars Volta on Grooveshark, whilst reading "Essential Avengers" - those folk at work who laughingly call me "intellectual" would surely revise their opinion if they could only see ...

What ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment