Search This Blog

Monday 26 August 2013

Books, Cooks, Nooks

BOOKS
     Today we went car-booting at Bardsley, where I came upon a leather and gold-tooled volume with the title "Kuvia Suomesta".  This might not mean anything to you, dear reader, but Conrad knows the Finnish for Finland is "Suomi", so he suspected something Finnish here.  The page with publisher information had been cut out, so the dating is a bit problematic.  I noticed only one date, 1919, and there are motorcars in only two photos out of 158, so I suspect some date in the early 1920's.  The lady selling it knew 0% about it. 
    Finnish consulates and embassies worldwide, I open the bidding at £50.  Thank you!

Cooks
     Well, today I made Fricatta, kind of an omelette finished-off under the grill.  Then there was the Honey-Roasted Peach Ice Cream; I shall have to go check on how it's set so far.  Then there is the Chicken and Pork Stew set up in the slow cooker crockpot - except I think I overfilled it a bit.  Er, a lot, actually.

Nooks
     I'm up to page 1100 out of 1800 for Neal Stephenson's "The Diamond Age".  This is taking longer than I imagined - and there are over 400 other books to go!

Rooks
     A bird, a chess piece and a time-travelling proponent of the underdog.

I think I had this edition.  Before Project Apocalypse, that is.
 
Tally ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment