Search This Blog

Friday 9 August 2013

Astronomy

In one sense
Large Magellanic Cloud

This is the Large Magellanic Cloud, a kind of hanger-on of our own Milky Way galaxy.  What you're seeing here are the creation of stars, in a most definite and positive way, totally unlike Panda pregnancies.  Beautiful, is it not?  It's also 160,000 light years away, so no chance of an astronautical visit to say hello.

Blue Oyster Cult
     The other sense.  "Astronomy" is one of the tracks on their "Secret Treaties" album.  Which is a bit of misdirection, since I have just been listening to "Spectres". Which features two tracks diametrically opposed in terms of theme: " I love the night", about a chap who gets bitten by a female vampire, turns into one himself and loves the entire process; and "Nosferatu", about the horror and disease unleashed by the titular vampire himself.  Some very nice guitar work on ILTN, fluid and evocative, and some very sinister keyboards on Nosferatu.

Mango and Coconut Ice-Cream
     Used too much mango pulp - overwhelmed the coconut flavour.  Never mind, I still have a tin of coconut milk and will have a shot at Lime and Coconut Ice-Cream tomorrow.

A Little Appreciation ...
     "Queen of Horror" has Favourited a couple of my novel-length Doctor Who fan-fictions over at the Fan Fiction website, from a few years back when I posted stuff there a lot more regularly than I do nowadays.  I think I'm down there as "ComsatAngel2002".  May have to pop back and see if anyone still reads my stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment