Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 August 2019

When Cool Is Hot

So Two Speak
And no, that's not a mis-spelling, I've just had to delete my original post, log out of Blogger and go back in again and start from scratch again, since the dreaded Photo Cursor Re-formatting had struck again, which makes this attempt Number Two.
     There are those out there, whom we shall ignore, who declare that Conrad couldn't be cool, even were he eating a bucketful of ice-cubes in a deep-freeze at the South Pole <snaps fingers at such nay-sayers>.
     For, you see, I went to see "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" last night, whilst you were gazing, slack-jawed, at "Glove Ireland" or whatever it is.  Or, alternatively, whilst you were pressing XBOX buttons like a laboratory rat, playing "GTO" or whatever it is.  Art?
Image result for gto
The very vrooomy Pontiac GTO
     We shall come back to OUATIH; for now, I want to concentrate on the simultaneously hot and cool.  You will remember a small event I may have mentioned in passing once or twice, that being my birthday.  137 years old!*  Here is my cool Doctor Who mug - Art!


In all it's bold blue beauty
     Okay, prepare your mind for a new scale of physical - ooops, no, sorry, that's "Forbidden Planet", isn't it?  For something pretty neat.  Art?

     Of course, that's not a view you ever want to see in real life, as it means you're outside the TARDIS, rather than safely in.  Conrad is quite taken with his mug and will continue to annoy everyone at work by pointing it out, probably up until Christmas.
     And there you have today's title explained.
     Oh, motley, this Sri Lankan green tea with fruit flavouring is pretty nice.  Would you like some?  You can have some of this cheddar with it, I bought it last week for 10 pence and I intend to get every pennyworth of value out of it.

About Last Night
I don't have to explain myself to you, so appreciate that I'm letting you into my hectic social whirl.  Immediately after finishing work in the Dark Tower, I hied myself to Mowgli's, where Darling Daughter was waiting.  Art?
Put your tongue back in, she's spoken for.  And she's also my daughter.
     We went at it, rather, and ate our way through nearly all the food ordered. Only a couple of sticky wings escaped, and then only because we'd got ourselves cleaned up and didn't want to get enfilthened again.  This turned out to save us money at the cinema, because we were both so stuffed we couldn't contemplate even a handful of popcorn.

At The Drive-In
Okay, okay, Vue in the Printworks is not a drive-in, I just wanted an excuse to bring up a picture of the chaps who evolved into The Mars Volta.  Art?
Image result for at the drive in
Yes, very tangential.  It's how we roll.
     I shall now regale you with my thoughts on the trailers.  What's that?  Tough, it's my blog and I make the running.  Don't you dare skip this because I'll know and the consequences will be frightening and painful.
"For One Night Only": I think, some frightfully worthy documentary about Motown records or something, not my cup of tea at all.  Next!
"Downton Abbey": Even less my cup of tea, in fact this is a cup of hot steaming effluent, with a side order of dung.  I have never watched the television series and there is even less probability of me ever watching this.
Image result for downton abbey
It's so vey, vey posh and refayned.
(I bet the South Canadians LOVE it)
     There you go, punchy and honest, that's BOOJUM!  Also libellous and cranky.
"Crawl": Sigh, a horror film about a giant flood that floods a house, where incredibly unlikely sequences of improbable events and ridiculous coincidences ensure that crocodiles hunt the humans.  Really, this is one of those trailers where you don't need to see the film afterwards.
Image result for crawl film
More like "Swim"
     Besides which, if a crocodile cannot easily or quickly scarf down a human hiding in a house, it will simply swim off to find easier fodder.  I guess a twenty minute film was out of the question, though.
"Zombieland Double Tap": Ah, now, this is more like it!  I remember watching the original with Darling Daughter a good few years ago, and I think what stuck in my mind was how they had a Chieftain tank pretending to be an Abrams -
Image result for zombieland chieftain tank
It's the NOD box that gives it away
     - oh, and it was a pretty appealing zomcom, too, let's not forget that.
     Perhaps they couldn't get a real Abrams at the time, or it would have cost too much - sorry!  Sorry, going waaaay off track there (do you see what I did?)
     Er, in this sequel it seems that the younger of the two manipulative females has gone missing, and Our Heroes have to go get her back, which involved Tallahassee getting dressed up as Elvis.
     No doubt it will all make sense in the cinema.
      - they really ought to have filmed it from the back, with the turret traversed to one side so the NOD does - SORRY!  Sorry, quick, let's move on -
Image result for zombieland double tap
FYI, a "Double Tap" is when you shoot someone twice and is nothing to do with running water or faucets
"It 2":  Hmmm.  Your Humble Scribe is unsure about this one.  I've not seen the recent remake, apart from one clip where there's a clown hiding in a storm drain, which is kind of two red flags in one; you really wouldn't go sticking your arm in and literally chancing it, would you?
Image result for sinister clown
CAUTION!  Check your balloon vendor is licenced and bonded
"Ad Astra":   Aha.  Conrad had thought that this was an offspring of Apollo 11 and the nostalgia that went with it, but no, it's sci-fi altogether, and rather intriguing.  They sell it well, I give them that, so Your Humble Scribe may pop on over to IMDB and see what kind of score it gets.  Oh, it means "To the stars" in Latin
Image result for ad astra
My interest is piqued
     
     That brings us up to the Compositional Ton, so I shall down goosequill for tonight.  If there's time tomorrow morning I may add in a "Finally -"



*  Us aliens live much longer than you lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment