Search This Blog

Friday 19 September 2014

A Da Off



Far From The Ceaseless Scurr And Strife*
 - except in this case it's from the world of work.  I wonder how the did without Conrad?  Weeping, wailing, gnashing their teeth and rending of garments, hopefull; I like to think I'm important.  Whether I am or not is another question entirel.

<aside - it's far too quiet, let's get some noise on>

     Better!  Well, the da started splendidl, with Conrad ignoring his alarm for half an hour before spending time poking around on the internet, then spending a good hour drinking tea, eating toast and reading, reading, reading.  The sun shone, it was a glorious morning, Edna came and stood on m lap.  She is just tall enough now to leap onto m lap, whereupon she stands up, front paws on the tabletop, watching the world go b**.

Chili Cheese Dip
Conrad does have a weakness for this, but it's pricey at £1 per tub, and a tub he can empty in two goes***.
     What do you do if you're greedy, resourceful and unwilling to spend cash?
     No! Not become a lawyer.  You make it yourself.  No!  The foodstuff, not the law.
     So, I googled a recipe and mixed up a batch:
It's not chilly but it will be
     It's not as nice as the bought stuff, but it makes four times as much for the same price, which does actually enhance the flavour.  Next time I'll possibly add coriander and unmelted grated cheese.

"Revelations"
Yes, my zombie novel that I've been banging on about for probably longer than BOOJUM! has been extant.  The reason for taking this long: I do occasional work on fan-fiction stuff that takes up time, as well as an inordinate amount of reading, and plan wargames (and even manage to play one now and then), besides that hex-and-counter boardgame that's been simmering for about seven years now, not to mention having to watch endless DVDs and film torrents, and Pub Quiz, and a renascent interest in live music.  Oh, and baking.

     Well, I am now well into Chapter Ten of Year Four, which is where the story ends.  Loose ends are tied up for the benefit of you the reader, but the tale can be imagined going on for many years yet as the Omega infection and the revenants it creates have to be dealt with on a global scale.  Not sure I'd want to continue to keep writing about that, especially since a deus ex machina has been introduced that will sort out revs in rapid fashion.


The Spawn Of Slugbot!

Slugboa
This can be in one of two iterations: a slug that is worn as fashion apparel, draped around the neck; or an hideous snake-slug hybrid that can slither up walls.  Myself I would go for the second variant, as a scarf that oozes slime is extremely disgusting, whilst a mutant monster that can drop on you from the ceiling is merely terrifying.
The best I could do.  Slugscarf rather than a boa.
Slugbob
Proceeding along the alphabet as we are, we move on to "Slugbob".
SpongeBob.  Close enough.

SLUGB.O.C.
A little cheating with case there.  In this instance we are looking at Slug Blue Oyster Cult.
Okay, they have shells and slugs don't.  But - they're still icky and slimey!
Slugbod
Ah!  "Bod"  - innocent cartoon programme for small children.  Who could possibly imagine giving Bod a punch to the chops?
Me.
     Entirely accurate.
     I did come across this.  Okay, it's not Bod getting punched, but it does feature a Bad Bod, who might very well fill another person with bullets.  Slugs, if you will:

Slug Bod, therefore

The Drought Is Over!
No!  Nothing to do with real world problems or politics - remember, this is BOOJUM!, we have no truck with current affairs, politics, religion or reality television shows.  I refer, obviously - obviously! - to the recent lack of Old Golden Hen.
A right cackle of hens
     Fortunately for Conrad, Asda still stock this superb swill, so I know what the weekend promises, apart from English Breakfast and Russian Caravan^.

Finally
As I am dogsitting Edna, I feel able to exploit her likeness to further the sinister world-conquering agenda of BOOJUM!  Here she is, fagged-out after half an hour's walkies:
Made of solid Awww!
     Dog food is still not good enough for her, but she did sit at my elbow and whine whilst I ate my Chili Cheese Dip.


* Yes, I confess, I nicked this from"Forbidden Planet"
** Just for fun, I have erased all the letter "y"'s before this point.  Why?  Why not!
*** It is not a big tub and I am not greedy.
^  Teas, you baffoon, types of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment