Search This Blog

Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Jack The Giant Sayer

No!  We Are Not Going To Either Criticise Nor Praise Leo

Leo Sayer, that is, who was extremely successful here in the UK during the Seventies as a pop singer.  Lightweight by Conrad's standards, but I also acknowledge that Barry, the force of nature behind 'Classic Album Reviews' and a curmudgeon cut from the same cloth as myself, also admitted/boasted/confessed <delete where applicable> that one of the first 10 albums he bought was Leo's 'Endless Flight'.  Art!

Leo's flight looks about to end, and very precipitately at that

     Leo and Baz.  Or Baz and Leo.  It's been a while and there's a lot of gin under the bridge.

     I salute Baz for his candid explanation.

     ANYWAY we are here to take a Schmitt on Eric, a bafune of epic proportions whom is also a South Canadian politician and avowed worshipper of the Big Orange Oaf Himself.  Art!

BOOH!

     We are now going to travel back in time to 1857, when Ruffia lost the Crimean War to a coalition involving Great Britain, France and Sardinia -  O no, wait, we're not I'm not sure how that popped up.  

     No, we're travelling back to the period before the second Trump administration, where a Special Counsel had been appointed to carry out an investigation of Donold stealing official documents and the January 6th insurrection.  Art!

Eeeek!
     Enter Special Counsel Jack Smith.  Jack, when he is clean-shaven, looks remarkably human and approachable.  Hirsute, he looks as if he's going to laser-beam you into ash with his Death Ray Vision.  Word is, when he and DJ Tango were in the same New York courtroom, Fat Caligula would look anywhere but at Jack, lest his Pumpkinhead explode.

     So, King Piggy, as he has the intellect and mindset of a spiteful, petty 7-year old (on a good day!) felt somewhat antagonistic towards Jack.  Meaning all his loyal boot-licking minions did so, too.

      We now have to abruptly skid tracks over to Georgia.  Art!

Hearts in Atlanta

     This might sound like soap opera yet it's 110% true.  The lady to port is Fani Willis, a Democratic prosecuting attorney working against Droopy in that state.  SHE HAD AN AFFAIR with Nathan Wade, the chromedome chap to starboard whom was one of her subordinates. Conrad has a weakness for clever women but even I would have jibbed at this <ahem> relationship.

     It created a - Art!


     Yeah, that bit in 'Mad Max Fury Road' during the storm transit.

     Enter Eric Schmitt, Republican goon from Missouri, whom is desperately determined to restore the reputation of his obese orange god at a Senate hearing.  When Smith is on the witness stand, Schmitt thinks he's got an opportunity to either perjure or crush Smith.  Art!

All will be revealed

     Schmitt, who appears smugly confident that he's got the upper hand, bangs on about Smith perjuring himself, and brings up a huge board with Willis and Wade on it, since this kind of approach is what Cankles Von Wizzleteats likes - a lot of pictures without any nasty hard-to-read text.  What text is present is in 326 point Arial.  Art!

      It's shown for all of 0.5 seconds before it gets moved away, and Jack's response is of complete bafflement - which Eric mistakes for guilt.  Art!

Say-  int ain't so

     THE THING IS that Eric has shot himself in the foot here.

    Jack was at a 'Hawks' game - the IOWA HAWKEYES whom the locals all call 'Hawks', he mentions that the Marshall's service - providing escorts to politicians and VIPs - were present in the Iowa stadium as proof of whom was where what and when.  THEY WERE NOWHERE NEAR GEORGIA.

     Oooops.

     Even if you have to have GIGANTIC ASSUMED CONSEQUENCES if they were in Georgia.  Which they were not.  THEY WERE NOWHERE NEAR GEORGIA
         I realise may I may be over-emphasising that  THEY WERE NOWHERE NEAR GEORGIA but I think it repays mention.  After all, THEY WERE NOWHERE NEAR GEORGIA.

     Did I mention this enough?  Because T - okay, okay, we have mentioned it enough.  Art!

     Schmitt before he got his bottom handed to him on a silver platter.
     Say what?
     Conrad is minded that Schmitt-Wit will not have done the background to this presentation himself and will instead have directed it to his political drones and minions, whilst taking claim for it himself.   This implies that his serfs were quite aware of of <ahem> THEY WERE NOWHERE NEAR GEORGIA and left him to deal with the consequences, since they had been dealing with a bottomhole candidate.  Okay okay this might be speculation.  Prove me wrong.  Art!


     Schmitt's blunder here is so egregious that, for days later, his compatriots are busy removing him from their accounts and maintaining that 'We have never heard of this loser' and 'LOOK A FLYING SAUCER!'.  Art!


     Here we have the kinetic Chris Cilliza, whom points out that Schmitt could have merely admitted being wrong, but who doubled-down, as with the COVFEFE nonsense with Donold, and whom has now utterly tanked themselves.  So badly we may have to use his surname as an euphemism from now on.
     I think that's enough South Canadian clownshow for the moment.  Initially I didn't think we'd have enough for an Intro and proved myself wrong.  Just wait until we get onto 'Trump TV'!


Czech It Out
The Czechs are notable for their native satirical bent, possibly encapsulated in the author Jaroslav Hacek, creator of the idiot-or-genius soldier Svejk.  It was they whom created the papier-mache Putin sitting on a gold toilet, probably putting them on an FSB hit-list when Bunker Grandad found out.
     ANYWAY they have come up with another stroke of mild genius.  Art!


     For considerate dog owners in Prague.  I shall not risk our SFW credentials by going any further, just to say that whomever posted it, 
THEY WERE NOWHERE NEAR GEORGIA
     

Back To Brucie

Yes, we are still covering the slideshow from 'Sci-Fi Art's Youtube vlog and have over a minute left to go.  Not bad progress considering each slide is onscreen for perhaps as long as five seconds.  Nor do they annotate anything, so Your Humble Scribe has to do all the digging.  Art!


     I'm a bit torn about this one.  I know all you fearsome perverts will be concentrating on the buttocks rather than the colour palette, but just take a second or two to examine the use of PAY ATTENTION! less buttocks more artistic appreciation.  As I was saying, an interesting use of yellow and green.

     What's more, this is definitely a cover picture.  'Whipping Star' by Frank Herbert, which I have read and vaguely recall the plot.  Art!


     There you go, proof positive.  You're welcome.  Art!


     We have now reached the 6-minute mark, how exciting!  And this, I guarantee, is a book cover thanks to the very obvious 'Title Gap'.  Which the vlog does not detail <heavy sigh>, so let me see if digging uncovers aught.

     Hmmmm I didn't realise how many skulls Ol Brucie has painted in his career.  One hit did mention 'Ghostwriter' but I cannot find any corroborating artwork.  O well.


Duxford Redux

Or, more of 'I hope you like planes', because once again there are lots to show you.  Art!


     Here we have the ex-Hungarian Air Force Mig-21, from the front this time.  NATO reporting name 'Fishbed', and no, I have no idea why it's called that.  Ah.  Allegedly, because the name was chosen at random as beginning with 'F' and having two syllables.  Perhaps also being a bit insulting?  Art!


     This is the British army's Saxon APC, designed to be as cheap as possible thanks to being based on a Bedford truck.  What you're seeing here is added slat armour to counter RPGs, as this was used in Afghanistan long before drone attacks were a thing - note the absence of any slats on the roof.


     And we're at Count!


No comments:

Post a Comment