Bruce Pennington, That Is
Not to be confused with Bruce Forsyth, Robert the Bruce or Bruce Campbell; we are talking about Pennington the artist, whose work we have been featuring for weeks and weeks. The images are from 'Sci-Fi Art's slideshow, a fact I am careful to mention every time I post the artwork, since Conrad has no wish to be sued. The whole thing is over 7 minutes long, so there are a LOT of images to get through. Conrad has identified some of them as book or magazine covers, which takes a bit of digging. Art!
Here an aside. Yes, already! That above is Amii from 'Flavour Trip' doing their 'Solar Eclipse House Mix'. During our Air b-n-b we had this channel playing in the background, and Col was bemused at how it worked as a paying business. I did a little digging and found that they began doing this travel and music and cooking gig in 2022, although their website doesn't give any details about monetization. Pay from the adverts that interrupt every so often? They have a Patreon page, if you feel the need to get even more of them, and I put this here as they're playing in the background as I type.
ANYWAY back to Brucie. Art!
Very symbolic, if a little obscure. Another severed hand on a tabletop, and it must have been tricky getting it to stay upright. Not sure what St. Paul's cathedral is doing in the middle of a desert, nor why the spiderweb is made of metal. Typically, there is no information on teh Interwebz about it. Bottom. Art!
I'm cheating a bit here, I used this for the Sunday links blog, declaring that it looked like a book cover illustration thanks to the 'Title Gap' at top, but not going any further. Allow me to do a bit of digging now. Aha! 'Triple engine spaceship asteroids' did the trick -
Except someone's telling porky pies, because - Art!
I think I've read the novel, which is a fix-up of four short stories, and cannot remember a thing about it. Art!
Dramatic, nicht wahr? I am unsure what's causing that giant plume of smoke, unless it's a Wildberries, or a volcano. Either way, it looks sinister and brooding. As for the three flying craft, I'm not sure what perspective to take on them. Are they curved, symmetrical and flat, seen at an elevation, or are they hook-shaped and flying with the lower limb down?
O and yes, it's a book cover. Art!
It's one of his juveniles that he wrote for <gags> 'Young Adults', featuring the ghastly-named 'Lucky Starr' whom had sadists for parents. Art!
THIS!
I had this as a poster from 'Science Fiction Magazine' that I liked so much I pinned it to my wall as a tall thin teenager, fifty years ago. It's brilliant, and so evocative. You can tell from Saturn in the sky that we're not in Kansas anymore, Vulnavia, which might explain the strange skeletal remains to starboard. The estuary looks rather similar to one on Earth, except there are those exotic corals to port. I've no idea why the hamlet in the distance is burning, as it's not an Ozon warehouse. Is it a book cover? Let me get my spade - aha!
More of Ol' Ize and another 'Lucky Starr' thrilling adventure wonder story (it says here). Art!
Very surreal. It, again, looks like a book cover thanks to the Title Gap. Possibly J G Ballard? Let me dig.
Nope. I tried combinations of 'Tulips' and 'Road' but didn't get any results. Still, if you see a collection of Ballard's short stories with this as the cover art, I want royalties. Art!
That's definitely a book cover. Dashed if I know which one, searching for 'skull', 'purple' and 'cloak' brought up nothing. Nor did 'horror novels'. So, dream on of what might have been. Art!
Hmmm. From a sci-fi novel about overpopulation? Note the sweaty masses of proles, whom are literally beneath the upper classes on the walkway. Prole budgets being what they are, none of them can afford clothes, so it's a good job none of them are ladies. I think this was Ol' Brucie experimenting rather than being for publication, as it doesn't crop up in any searches. Art!
That's how far along we are, so I shall wrap up this Intro. We can come back to it later. I bet you can hardly wait.
You May Think Me Crass
By continual insults as per Cankles Von Yamteats, but guess what, I'm not going to stop. I also have another unpleasant nickname for him: 'Droopy', after his deformed face, which looks like it was made of wax and melted. Art!
The smart money has it that he suffered a stroke before he vanished from all media for a week, and he's not fully recovered yet. Art!
The Sweaty Swollen Saggy Sepia Senile Sackbutt - I shall have to abbreviate that to SSSSSS as it's getting unwieldy - and what you can't hear is the way he gargles when speaking now, as if nursing half a pint of phlegm in his throat. Sorry if you can't unsee that. Art!
80-year old man shouts at female. He feels threatened by intelligent women, so instead of answering their questions, he loudly insults them instead. Imagine calling someone 'Piggy' when you're a morbidly obese 300-pound weretoad. Art!
Apologies if that startled you. Here's Mitch McConnell, the vegetable in a wheelchair, three months after apparently falling down, back in the Senate. Not only is nobody home, the lights are all out as well. Present in the Senate to make Droopy look good by comparison.
A Snippet From Warby
'Paul Warburg', that is, Youtube vlogger, principally about Ukraine. Art!
His most recent vlogs have been recorded indoors in his den, whereas earlier this year he recorded at different outside locations. Presumably somewhere quite remote, as I only ever saw a couple in the distance in one vlog.
ANYWAY AGAIN he was detailing some statistics about Ukrainian drones, which caught my attention enough to annotate. After all, I am a dinosaur and it doesn't exist unless I write it down. Art!
That's a Firepoint-1 drone, together with puny human for scale. The warhead is a whopping 230-pounds of high explosive, or 105 kilograms in that other metric, and it has a range of 600 PROUD IMPERIAL MILES or 1,000 kilometres. That puts everything inside European Ruffia at risk. Estimated cost per unit is $55,000. Art!
Meet the Firepoint-2, which only has a range of 200 kilometres but which it makes up for by having a 350-pound warhead or about one-seventh of a ton. Whatever it hits is not going to enjoy the experience.
Warby also stated that the Kozaky produce 200 of these per day, or a total of 73,000 per year. Even if the orcs shoot down 90% of them, that still means 730 hit their targets, say at least two per day, and we're seeing a lot more targets hit than two.
The Ukrainians have also learned that dispersing the production sites for their drones is essential and there are over 50 factories making or assembling components. Even if the Ruffians discover and destroy the locations of some, there is enough redundancy to keep things going. Which Putinpot doesn't want to hear. Tee hee!
I Must Try This Myself
'NAFOViking' is a Nork - the Norwegian variety - whom posts on Twitter, the hell-platform corrupted by Elong Tusk. His go-to posts are to insult Finns and post pictures of whatever bizarre food combo he's trying. Art!
Finally -
The Kids have just arrived after an horrendously long journey consisting of roadworks, closed junctions and a silly-length diversion into Gomorrah-on-the-Irwell, so I shall down laptop and repair to entertain them.
No comments:
Post a Comment